cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alebaster
Journeyman III

RX Vega 56 Artifacts, Mycrofreezes (RX Vega 56 Артефакты и микрофризы)

En:

Hello everyone, my new RX Vega 56 disappointed me. In almost every game, about once in an hour of gameplay, I encounter friezes. I did not attach much importance to this and continued to use the video card, since infrequent microfreezes do not particularly interfere with the gameplay.

Today I purchased Forza Horizon 4 and ran into artifacts in this particular game. I don’t know if this can be called artifacts, but such strange black trackholes come from the center of the screen, then the game crashes. 

The card is no longer under warranty and I can’t return it to the store, please help me solve my problem!

The card did not overclock, the turbo mode is turned on in the Radeon software
Driver version: 19.11.3
Full name of the card:
ASUS Radeon RX Vega 56 1297MHz PCI-E 3.0 8192MB 1600MHz 2048 bit DVI 2xHDMI HDCP Strix Gaming OC
RU: Всем привет, моя новая Rx Vega 56 очень меня расстроила. Практически в каждой игре, примерно каждый час геймплея я ловлю микрофризы.
Я не придал этому значения и продолжил нормально использовать видеокарту.
Сегодня я приобрёл Forza Horizon 4 и столкнулся с артефактами. Я не знаю, можно ли назвать это артефактами, но из центра экрана исходили странные чёрные треугольники, после чего
игра вылетела.
Гарантия магазина на карту уже прошла и я не смогу вернуть её обратно, пожалуйста помогите мне решить мою проблему!
Карта не разгонялась, в ПО Радеон включен турбо режим.
Версия драйвера: 19.11.3
Полное название карты и её производитель:
ASUS Radeon RX Vega 56 1297MHz PCI-E 3.0 8192MB 1600MHz 2048 bit DVI 2xHDMI HDCP Strix Gaming OC
0 Likes
5 Replies
f-ben
Adept II

Use a tool like GPU-Z and enable logging. Play games till it crashes und post the results of the logfile here. To me the crashing sounds like too high temperature but the the artifacts mostly dont have to do with temperatures. Maybe voltage or clocks. If you post the result, people can check

0 Likes

This is the first game that crashed. I'm afraid that the failure will have to wait a long time or it will not be at all

0 Likes

So, i played a little bit. This is my log file on gdrive. I started playing in forza at 23:37

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1InWKOeo6X-01XqTqQV-Hp-uKAjOJ1V0m

0 Likes

Sorry for answering late, was on vacation. I just looked at your stats and what the heck are those VRM temperatures? I´ve got an 5700XT and after playing Red Dead Redemption 2 for 20 minutes my GPU/SOC VRM temperature sits at 65 and the Memory VRM sits at 58 degrees celsius.

I just did a quick google search and found this, seems to be a known problem for the Asus Strix cards:

STRIX VEGA: Fixing the horrendous VRM heat management : Amd 

Asus Strix Vega 64 - VRM Temperature FIX - YouTube 

If I had to bet, I´d bet on this being your problem. You can do it yourself but be aware that you will most probably lose your warranty

0 Likes

Warranty doesn' t matter. The video card cannot be returned to the store (bought in the summer), and contacting Asus doen' t make sense. I will try, thanks a lot

0 Likes