Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Madnezz
Journeyman III

RX 7900XT Crashes with Flight Simulator

Hello,

i have a very big problem with MS Flight Simulator:

Every time i start the game, i geht this error and the grame crashed:

"Your graphics device has encountered a problem and Microsoft Flight Simulator will exit"

sometimes it appears right after the loading screen and sometimes a few Minutes later....

Graphics device.png

here are my specs:

Asus B550m Tuf Gaming Board

Ryzen 7 5800x

Rx 7900xt

32GB G-Skill Trident-z DDR4-Ram 

Crucial P3 Plus NVME

750 W PSU

This Problem is new since i got my 7900xt.....with my 6800xt i had no problems at all

0 Likes
4 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Did you read the power requirements before you bought the card?  A good unit's PPC would kick in and shutdown the system when the draw gets too high.

0 Likes
Madnezz
Journeyman III

yeah normally a 750 Watt will do it....now i tested a 850 Watt Be Quiett PSU and its still the same error.

i guess there is a problem with the drivers?? 

0 Likes
otip84
Journeyman III

I was having exact same issue using same card on msfs in DX11. Changed to DX12 and not a single crash so far.

it is weird why this is happening only with this game, but clearly seems like a driver issue. let's hope it gets fixed, otherwise we'll be hostage of the DX12 in msfs

0 Likes

Had the same issue on  RDR2 on RedM  and I am sure the fix is the same for other demanding games ,  here is what I did to to fix the issue  

Problem : System crash

Solution : Set graphics setting from Ultra to high and set it at DirectX12 as some games are by default set at Vulkan 

Intermittent fan noise :

Solution :

Step 1
- In AMD settings Go to Performance Click on Tuning ,

Step 2

-Set fan Tuning to Custom Under Fan Tunning

Step 3

Deactivate Zero RPM

I don't know why AMD doesn't post this as all the other solutions are a waste of time if some ones CPU PSU ect wasn't working properly they would know long before even installing a new GPU 

0 Likes