cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

minibeat
Adept I

RX 7900 XTX flickering & different size patch of pink/gray/green sizzle

Hello, need some help w/ some debugging here.

So I recently got the founder edition RX 7900 XTX from the amd website a week or two ago, and looked like it was working fine. However sometime I see this patch of flickering patch of pink/gray/or green sizzle on multiple of the screen. The size of these patch varies and it just flickers and disappears.

- At first I thought it was the cable, but I tested it w/ 3070 and it was working fine w/o any issue.

- Maybe display port or hdmi, that's also a no as both screen had the same issue

- Maybe low on power? It happens during just a simple browsing, watching youtube video, so prob not. Also 1000W power supply

- Highest possibility, Driver issue and need to wait. Hoped that the recent driver patch that came out a day ago would resolve it, but still there.

If any of you guys experienced it, please let me know what you guys tested. Need more data on the issue and how this can be resolved.

Here's my current specs:

Ryzen 5900X, Noctua NH-d15, 32GB corsair vengance 3600Mhz, corsair 1000W, 2 x 1T ssd & 2T HDD, RX 7900 XTX reference model directly from AMD. Monitor: 2 x 144Hz 1080p, 1 x 75Hz 1440p, 1 x Cintiq 16". All 4 screen had this flickering issue.

17 Replies
Moist
Adept III

In my experience random color patches have turned out to be a vram issue. Might be worth grabbing OCCT and testing the VRAM for any errors.

0 Likes

Heyo thanks for the suggestion. Downloaded the OCCT, and tested the VRAM for 1 hour, but it had no issue and the patches appeared during the testing XD.

0 Likes
ali_d
Community Manager

You may have a defective Hardware.  Can you provide a picture of the issue? and are you able to test the Graphic card in another System?

0 Likes

  I don't have other system to test it on, and here are some of the samples that I was able to get. At first you see it as small pixel patches like these that I circled in red, but sometime this becomes a bigger patch where it can fill the whole 1/3 of the screen. 

Screenshot_20221224_065555_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-24 065413.png

0 Likes

Are you using two separate pcie power cables from the psu to gpu? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

No, a single cable, but I try that out. 

Update: Tried it... and that didn't resolve it

0 Likes
minibeat
Adept I

Please let me know if this require me to send you guys back my GPU for repair/replacement.

0 Likes

You should definitely start an RMA inquiry

That looks like ram issues to me

14900k • Z790 Apex Encore • 4090 • 2x24Gb-8000 • 1200 Corsair Shift • 420mm Arctic II Push-Pull • Noctua • Fractal Torrent • Guilded.gg/justifiers
0 Likes

alright yeah, sent the RMA inquiry for it. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for their response. 

0 Likes

Any response?

0 Likes
asdfhighskilled
Journeyman III

i have the same issue, do you already solve the problem? But im useing 2 seperate cabel from PSU to GPU.

I have problems at the start, my computer got black screens, i need to restart like 3times + to get a screen. i got greenscreens sometimes, u got the same problems?

0 Likes
LordHurtig
Journeyman III

I seem to have the same issue. I does not happen constantly but seems to come and go in waves. The problem appears, lasts a while and then disappears when i reboot, close my game or do some other random change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZ2BSv-Z_c

I have a three monitor setup with the latest drivers installed. The problem is most visible on my side monitors, but flickering appears on the main monitor as well.  I have tried to switch cables, remove monitors, change Hz and resolution settings, windows reset, full windows reinstall from an usb drive, all OCCT tests (1 hour each, no faults found), under and overclocking GPU. Nothing seems to help.

Can I be sure that this is an issue with the 7900xtx? Should I send it back?

0 Likes
Misvor
Journeyman III

I have the exact issue, it began two days ago, after win 11 update. red pixels begin to spawn on screen in random places, disappearing on window resize. OCCT shows a ton of errors

Screenshot 2023-03-23 192714.png

0 Likes
schitti
Journeyman III

Big issues for me too with the sapphire nitro+ 7900xtx. Green screens all the time..

ill be samshing mine with a hammer in 6 months once i get the 4090ti

0 Likes

Check color-range settings in adrenaline panel, i had a simmilar issue which was solved by setting rgb instead of YCbCr

0 Likes
digipointer0
Adept III

It sounds like you are experiencing a flickering issue on your multiple screens with your new AMD RX 7900 XTX graphics card. You have already tested the cable, display port, HDMI, and power supply, and ruled them out as potential causes. Based on your observations, it is possible that the issue is due to a driver problem. Since you have already updated the driver to the latest version and the issue is still present, you might want to try rolling back to a previous driver version. This can sometimes fix issues that were introduced in the latest update. You can find previous driver versions on the AMD website.

0 Likes
alceryes
Adept I

Gray screen flickering and small gray bars here. 7900 XTX Taichi.

Turns out the VRAM was clocked a little too high. Lowered VRAM clock by 20-30MHz and issue completely disappeared.

0 Likes