ASUS TUF GAMING B650-PLUS
Corsair RMx Series RM850x
ADATA XPG M.2 2 TB
AMD Adrenaline 23.1.1 driver
Latest Win 11 updates
SAM Enabled

LG 27GN800-B.AEU 2K 144 Hz - FreeSync
Dell 2K 60Hz

I keep having random crashes after trying on both Windows 10 & 11, usually under high stress. I tried reinstalling the drivers and used DDU to remove the old ones.

I remade my cable management and switched the power supply cord and outlet. Re-sited and re-coupled all components and cables. Tried two different DP cables to rule it out.

See the attached video for the V-Sync issue that emerged only on RDR2 on the loss of focus. If I alt-tab while paused in-game and switch to the other monitor, the artifacts start popping up.

I am running the GPU on separate cables. The BIOS is on the latest version. The GPU temps are normal, nothing over 75-80 C, worst case.  Also tried on an older BIOS version and lower RAM speed at 4800 - 5000 - 5200.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: seems like the default video feed is broken. Find it here: https://vimeo.com/790237917

0 Likes
6 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

can't see video sorry , but as you speak about crashes and rechecking cables ,

do you use 2 separate power cables from psu to gpu ? ( not only one cable separating in 2 connectors)

0 Likes

Hey mate,

Yes, I have two separate cables for the GPU, not just the ends. It reaches 350W no probs.

Video here: https://vimeo.com/790237917

0 Likes

ok nice glitches .. .seem to be related to "known issue" in drivers log, 2 monitors with different refresh rates one high refresh rate etc... i think there will be only temporary solutions not really correcting the problem as setting the two monitor on 60hz (did you check if this is ok at least ?)
or deactivate secondary monitor while playing

or maybe other adrenalin option to disable temporarly ? imagine you already tryed without freesync when 2 screens ? (but i can't really help here , i work with 3 monitors , but all with same refresh rates with no problems in that case, so can't reproduce to check)

will have to wait for a driver update , as it's a known issue it should be corrected soon imo ..

0 Likes
kpatrik
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have the same issue in Elden ring where I get small glitches for a split second and the it disappears. This can happen several time during a game session. I have three screens two with 144 Hz and one with 60 Hz and a reference 7900 XT. non of the monitors have freesync. Seen similar glitches when watching twitch stream in Firefox. but seems to have gone away in the last firefox update (109).

0 Likes
Tibirel
Journeyman III

Hello,

Yes, I might think there is something Firefox related as well. I was not able to determine what triggers the behaviour as the refresh rate, the number of monitors and everything you could think of made no changes.

Freesync seems to create unwanted latency in certain games, especially Sea of Thieves. I am still at a loss and I noticed some screen tearing/glitching even in some other less demanding games than RDR2 and without Firefox.

Seems like these cards didn't get to QA. Available for both XTX and XT.

0 Likes
LosTurbinos
Adept I

Im really loosing my hope. After i bought rx 7900 xtx Red Devil, there has been nothing but problems with graphics. I have changed hz setting from low to high, changed DP-cable to HDMI, im using vertical bracket so i have changed between Gen 3-4-auto settings from bios. Im running gpu on Silent mode, i have underclocked this card, i have jumped between adrenalin drivers. Im using one monitor and its samsung odyssey g7 curved 32"

Next im thinking to change my 850watt gold 80 psu to bigger if it causing this.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 3.80GHz

RAM 32GB

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, AM4, 3.8GHz 12-core, G.Skill 16GB (4 x 8GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz, RX 7900 xtx Red Devil, MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, Seasonic PX-1300 Prime 80 Plus platinum, NZXT krakken Z73 360mm AIO
0 Likes