Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Raittu
Journeyman III

RX 7900 XT Crashing and artifacting.

Hello.

I have been experiencing some issues while gaming with this new graphics card.  I've noticed that while I play games on my main monitor, my second monitor starts artifacting, specially if I swap to that monitor while in game to answer on discord etc. One monitor 165hz the other 60hz. I would prefer to not have to game with 60hz though. The biggest issue however is my PC randomly turning off/crashing while gaming so far this has only happened while playing Escape from Tarkov, which I thought was the culprit at first since that game is notorious with bugs and bad optimization, but then Elden Ring also started crashing. Only games where I have not experienced issues so far are League of Legends and Apex. I dont think Im crashing due to a high temperature, but I cannot say for certain. Perhaps its due to me only having a 650w PSU and the GPU being only connected by 1 cable? I have thus far reinstalled with a clean disk format twice now, once when I just got the card and then again since one of the crashes corrupted some files on my drive. So it's most likely not caused by old drivers, I've also updated all the current drivers.

I know some other people have mentioned similar issues as well, but that was a few weeks ago and I want to know if I'm missing something. What would your suggestions be? Do I upgrade my PSU? Will that help me? Do I wait for driver updates?

PC Specs:

Windows 11
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x & box cooler
MoBo: B550 Aorus Elite V2
GPU: XFX RX 7900 XT 20 GB
PSU: Xilence XP650R9
RAM: 4x8gb cant remember the name
Storage: Samsung nvme 970 m.2

0 Likes
0 Replies