cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

drruzip
Adept I

RX 6950XT Issues

I got the Gigabyte RX 6950XT in october and I have had some issues with it. The pc crashes and freezes often. Before the AMD gpu I had a Nvidia 2080 Super and had no problems so I assume its the new gpu. 

I have updated to the latest drivers. 

Thankfull for any help, also is it worth trading it in for the new series?

0 Likes
9 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Information Required When Posting a Discussion - AMD Community 

Also, did you run anything to get rid of the old Nvidia drivers such as DDU? Sometimes old Nvidia drivers can cause instability when running AMD GPUs.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Thanks! I will test that.

0 Likes
digipointer0
Adept III

Updating to the latest drivers is a good first step in troubleshooting the issue, but there may be other steps that you can take to help resolve the problem.

Checking the event logs in Windows for any error messages or warnings related to the crashes or freezes.
Running stress tests on the graphics card to check for any hardware issues.
Checking for any software conflicts, such as incompatible drivers or software that may be conflicting with the graphics card.
Checking the power supply to ensure that it is providing enough power for the graphics card.
As for whether it's worth trading in your Gigabyte RX 6950XT for a new series, that ultimately depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you are experiencing significant issues with the card and you are still within the return or exchange period, it may be worth considering exchanging it for a different model or series. However, if the issues are relatively minor and you are otherwise satisfied with the card's performance, it may not be necessary to trade it in.

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Alright thank you, I will try the different possible solutions. I have recently upgraded from a 650w to a 1000w PSU, that should be enough, right?

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What are you system specs? CPU, Motherboard, GPU, RAM Configuration, PSU with the item's makes and models. This will help us understand a bit more about your system.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I have a Intel I9-12900kf, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Pro, Used to have 32gb Corsair RAM but it crashed my PC so I changed to 16gb Fury Beast instead. Corsair 1000W PSU, Gigabyte RX 6950XT GPU. Win11Pro

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I haven't forgotten about you I'm just trying to think of what could be causing the crashes. Have you tried any of the previously released drivers to see if maybe the problem is with the current ones?

Yes I have tried atleast 5 different drivers. Also I have deleted the old Nvidia drivers and atleast today it hasnt crashed yet, altough it doesnt crash every day. I have also done stress tests and everything seems good with them, I bought 3Dmark and used theirs. The most common thing that happens is that the main screen goes white and after about a minute the audio goes out and then after a few minutes it starts working again. The other type of crash is that the whole pc freezes and I have to reboot it, the second crash is mostly common when im playing CSGO and sometimes it even resets my CSGO settings. 

0 Likes

Just letting you know I’ve had a 6950XT since the Black Friday sale 2022 and every game intermittently crashes for me too. I’ve tried pretty much everything and some days it will be mostly fine with maybe 1 or 2 crashes. Other days it will crash every round of whatever game I’m playing. 

For me it’s usually some directx crash, but fresh windows install latest drivers and only a single game still crashes. 

0 Likes