Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Speedy84
Adept I

RX 6900XT unstable FPS while Vsync On

Hello,

With every game with Vsync on, the FPS drop to exactly 55 fps at 60hz and / or 115fps at 120hz after a short time, then they run for a few seconds at 55 or 115 fps before it goes up again to 60 or 120 fps, unplayable and it goes away after I switch back and forth between the monitors and / or switch back and forth in color depth and color format, every now and then it runs absolutely stable with 60 or 120fps, so it seems to be a software error. I also have a freesync Monitor but i love to play on the big TV with Vsync on, with my old RTX 2060 everythings work fine. Are there any solutions? It is a known error?  My Components:

Amd Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI B550 A Pro
32 GB Crucial Ballistix CL 16 3600mhz
Crucial MX500 240GB system ssd
2 TB Western Digital Blue 3D SSD
Corsair RM850X PSU

Monitor 1: LG GL850b
Monitor 2: Acer Predator xb241h
Monitor 3(TV): Sony kd65xh90

I reinstalled windows several times,until the first restart it worked like expected, all drivers are up to date, reinstalled the drivers, gpu and chipset, reinstalled the bios, tried it with only one monitor or with only the tv connected, nothing helped
0 Likes
11 Replies
Speedy84
Adept I

Please delete this Thread, i posted it twice by mistake, sry

0 Likes
Reven8e
Adept I

I have exact same issue. It drops frames every 2 minutes. Drops for 5 fps: from rock solid 120 to 115, from 60 to 55 for a few seconds, then it works fine another 2 minutes, then drops again and again. See image. I reinstalled latest windows 10 pro, installed intel chipset drivers, latest radeon dirvers full package, msi ab and steam with one game to test it. All the same happened. I took geforce card from a friend, ddu'ed drivers and all works flawless with his card, 5 minutes long and not a single drop. Then put my card again and it drops every two **bleep** minutes. **bleep**?? So much dissapoinment, dont know where to dig solution. Need help!

0 Likes

@Reven8e 

Which TV and Monitors do you use? Maybe i have a solution for you, not perfect but better than nothing. Its definitialy a Software Bug, i found a workaround on my TV.

0 Likes

@Speedy84 

I have a QLED tv.

0 Likes

@Reven8e  Hm ok,  can you change the hdmi signal format in your tv? On Enhanced Format i have these issues. When i change it to enhanced format (dolby vision) the issue is gone, in every game smooth 60fps without these *****y fps drop. But its only a temporaliy workaround because with enhanced format(Dolby vision) there ist only 4k/60hz working. Only with the normal enhanced Format 4k/120hz is usable, but not for me because these horrible fps drops. Its Interesting that you have the same issues with a Samsung Qled. Seems like there is something wrong on AMD´´s Site, please let them know that you have these issues. Maybe we have a chance that they are hearing us and dont ignore these bug.

0 Likes

@Speedy84 

Well, on Qled we have something called "input signal plus" that gave us HDR and also 4k@120hz and 1440p@120hz through hdmi 2.0. It's kinda pushing hdmi bandwitdth to its limit. Without it TV only works as 4k@60...even 59.96 or smth, 1440h@60 and no HDR. So it's kinda thing that looks like is also presented on your tv. I think i've tried standart 4k@60 and the issue was still present, but not 100% sure. I think amd drivers cant handle that bandwidth. I think in drivers there is some kind synchro problem cuz that lag that we have is happens in constant period of time, for me its 2 minutes if i play 1440p@120 and it drops to 115 to make a synchronisation for another 2 minutes. This exact and constant timing put me in serious trouble, i thought its something in windows, even bios, a reinstall it on and on, testing, testing software and etc for 2 days long. Man, what a headache this amd. Never had anything like that with nvidia. So i found driver which doesnt have this BUG - Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3. Works flawless, no more fps drops. Looks like we have to stick to this driver forever))) If you know how to send bug report to amd then do it please, tell them that something goes wrong in there drivers since Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3.

Already done. Hm, i will try it tomorow with the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3.

0 Likes

I tried it with Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3. and what should i say, it works without these stupid -5fps drops. AMD, go to work and fix this!! I want to use the newest driver with everythings working.

0 Likes

Nothing fixed with the newest driver. What a shame. I never had this **bleep** with my old RTX 2060. Reported the bug more then one time. Nothing happened.

0 Likes

Sold this crap and bought 3080ti)) works flawless. u should do the same.

0 Likes

it's finally solved, no problems with fps drops anymore. man thats take a long time

0 Likes