• Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.3.2
  • AOC 1920x1080 @60Hz DP to HDMI/HDMI to HDMI
  • Ryzen 7 5800X
  • MSI B550 Tomahawk BIOS 7C91vA5
  • Corsair RM1000X
  • GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz CL14 2x16GB
  • 3 separate 8-pin cables for the 24-pin connection

Issue:

Constant black screen after 30 or so minutes while gaming. The PC completely freezes with a black screen requiring a hard restart. These are the things I've tried so far.

1. Completely reinstall windows

2. Install driver only.

3. Discord all processes - idle

4. Discord & Firefox - Disable hardware acceleration

5. Device Manager - AMD High Definition Audio Device to High Definition Audio Device

6. Installed Adrenalin 21.3.2. Global graphics set to Power Saving. Performance tuning to Preset(Quiet).

7. Tried undervolting, limiting the card to base clock, disabled Zero RPM, etc.

8. Tried different HDMI and DP cables.

No luck whatsoever. I bought this top of the line card a month back, and haven't been able to complete a single gaming session since.

10 Replies
Lukk
Adept I

have that same problem with 6900xt ..... nobody have any solution , I try everything like You do .....nothing change...

I don'y understand how the flagship card can be so unstable..... so now I call my card RESTARTDEON 6900XT 

And nobody from AMD answer on this forum... so AMD you are **bleep**inkg joke 

skyzed
Journeyman III

Same problem,solved by switching to Nvida!

Second AMD build in my life,same problems!

The first one was 15 years ago,CPU and GPU ,both AMD and i remember about BSOD's and random reboots...

Recently :Ryzen9 5900x causing "cache hiearchy" BSOD error and RX 6900 XT causing random black screen freezes while gaming...

Switched to Intel+Nvidia....and BOOOM! all of my problems solved.....

Fortunately i was able to return back the CPU and get a refund

But the GPU bought from AMD store......they don't want to refund ,they told me that they accept a return only if "package was not opened" .....AHAHAHAHAHAHA!....

This is AMD

DO NOT BUY AMD PRODUCT.....THEY ARE TRASH!

phys
Adept I

I got exactly the same issue and I feel vey much regret of buying amd GPU after rtx series. Since I bought asus rog strix rx 6900 xt lc in march, I got black screen issue every day I play games. I want to sell my GPU and never buy and AMD Radeon GPU anymore. I spend thousand of euros to buy this gpu and the result should not have been like this. I tried everything to solve this meaningless issue but it persists. I feel that this is a firmware issue or software issue. Any one have and solution?  (I recommend every one who reads this post not to buy amd gpu). 

Please help.

Architectoc
Journeyman III

I got the same problem that I have never been able to solve... searched every site tried everything. I had rtx 2080 super before asus rog strix rx 6900 xt lc and it was working perfectly. This black secreen issue is annoying. It only happens while playing games. It happens many times a day. I am afraid that it could cause harm to other parts of my pc. If that happens I seriously think to sue AMD because of the issue. This is a serious issue, I spent too much money to buy this GPU. NOw I feel regret of buying and AMD gpu.

mikeya
Journeyman III

Same card, same issue.  

RX 6800 same problem ....

tigerchola11
Journeyman III

did u fix it bro. i have same problem. no solution at all.. if some one fixed it please help me here. its a shame for amd their flagship card have this much of issue. all my firends adviced me to buy Nvida but i go for amd, now i regret.. 

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

Look at this thread..

Solved: 6900XT Black Screen issues - AMD Community

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I had gotten a Sapphire RX 6800 just after launch, had absolutely no issue with games. Swapped to an Sapphire RX 6900XT back in Jan 2021 and have had no issue whatsoever.

Only issue I had encountered is performance related, but a driver update or two later, performance would improve. But other than that, no issue at all.

The one thing I'd made sure to do was to ensure my my mobo was top notch (X570 Aorus Xtreme) and that my PSU was up to the challenge of powering it, a Corsair HX1000 Platinum.

I've always been lucky with AMD cards, but then, I buy Sapphire and PowerColor, and wouldn't mind XFX. Not willing to pay for GB, MSI or Asus, why pay premium prices when Sapphire, PowerColor and XFX make great AMD only cards?

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2
0 Likes

I agree, I have always purchased Sapphire, but got a really good price on my Asus RX 6700 XT, about half the price of Sapphire..
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes