cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tbonius_Maximus
Journeyman III

RX 6900 xt Farming Simulator 19

Does anyone have problems with low frame rates in Farming Simulator 19 using the 6900 xt?  If I stay still the frame rates will level off at 60 fps but when I start moving they fall sometimes down into the teens.  My processor is a 3600x and that may be a slight bottleneck but it shouldnt cause that kind of instability.  When I run the overlay it shows very low usage of both the gpu and cpu so Im not sure whats going on with that.

0 Likes
18 Replies

Hello. i got a 6800 a few days ago and i have similar problems.

i had a 2070S before and played on 4K with all maxed out 

on my 2070S i had 38 to 55 fps

on my 6800 i have 29 to 40 fps

im dissapointed because im 60% faster overall exept the FS i play nearly all the time

0 Likes

I'm wondering if it's an AMD VS Nvidia problem because it is a game designed around Nvidia I think. I have noticed just about no matter what settings I use it is a distance viewing thing for me.  On larger maps if I look into the distance my frame rate gets choppy but if Im just focused more on the equipment I'm operating then it smooths out.  Again that's across all settings. 

0 Likes

the game should run on PS 4 etc so i dont think nvidia should be superior.

the whole base problem is DX 11 and the bad engine the game uses. even if you have a 3090 the game gets easly into the CPU limit with mods.

IMO i dont think that is normal even if nvidia has a advantiges in DX 11. my raw performance gain should be 60% but i got 60% less in FS 19 only. in MFS which is still DX11 it runs alot better against my 2070S 

0 Likes

DX11 could be part of it. I do know with everything set to ultra on MFS I sometimes struggle to keep 30 FPS but I do think that's a CPU bottle neck. 

0 Likes

on my 6800 im not even hitting my CPU limit while my 2070S shifted between CPU limit (38 fps) and GPU limit (55 FPS) on 4K Ultra

0 Likes

i wrote a ticket to giants software telling having bad FPS´ on my card.

they told me to reinstall the game to "adjust" the game to the new system adn make a benchmark before the mods.

i did but even then the 2070S is faster.

i wonder if its now a driver issue of having 60% perfomance decrese aginst the 2070S or a game issue.

0 Likes

I may have tried that also but I don't remember if I reinstalled. Like I said before it may be the game is just friendlier to Nvidia cards.  My 6900xt performance right now isn't bad enough for me to worry about it too much as they will need releasing fs 22 this fall so I'll have a new game to complain about performance with. But I also think that my FPS may be still limited by my CPU. 

0 Likes

it is possible that due to the low load on the video card, the power saving mode or low performance is enabled. Try downloading dxvk 1.9.1( the latest one at the time of writing) and copy the files from the x64 folder to the game folder: dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll if the game starts at the beginning there will be lags and staters, but this is temporary, the pack is compiling shaders (as on the Cemu emulator on a PC)

0 Likes

do you have more technical explaination for that file? like what will it do.

0 Likes

The game supports the old directx 11 api, it does not parallel well with multithreaded processors and works so-so on amd video cards, using the method above, the game will run on the vulcan api, in some games, especially assassin creed Odyssey, this improves performance, but at first there may be staters since a cache is created for the game and every action in the game will be cached once(in the game folder), so that there will be no staters in the future. Search the Internet for what dxvk is, it was originally developed for Linux systems because games were not supported normally there, but with time, dxvk now works under windows. (if the game does not start or crashes immediately, then delete those 2 files (dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll) from the folder with the game where there is the exe game launch file itself. Everything is simple there, Google dxvk it is on github version 1.9.1 download it, it is packed, unpack 2 files from the x64 folder dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll in the folder with the game where the file with the launch of the game exe. And you run the game as usual. If it does not help, then delete these files. Sorry for the English, I'm writing as a translator. or just Google how to install dxvk on windows 10, you will find instructions and download links)

0 Likes

Just guessing here, 

But doesn't Nvidia have this "gaming experience" thing where they load specialized parameters for various games and applications?

Maybe now that you are running the AMD you are not getting the same settings for "Anti Aliasing" etc.

You might be able to get your Old Nvidia put back in.  Run the game.  And examine what settings they are using during the game.

Then duplicate them when you have the AMD re-installed.

0 Likes

you mean the geforce experinece "optimized" settings?

im still using the same settings ingame that i used on my 2070 Super.

also the problem is not the gpu. the real problem is that somehow the cpu limit kicks earlier with the 6800 as the  2070S

0 Likes

I do notice a difference depending on maps sometimes. I only have a 60 hz panel so I can't go over that but on no man's land modded map I run a smooth 60 FPS but on Oklahoma 4x it jumps from 20-60 FPS depending on where I'm looking. I never had any Nvidia card installed on this pc so I don't have the settings from that. 

0 Likes

Try to disable vertical synchronization in the game and in amd adrenaline, but at the same time fix the frame rate at 60 through amd adrenaline, the function is called: control the target frame rate, if it does not help, then turn on the radeon chill function and the sliders minimum 60 and maximum 60. You can also try where the exe of the game is located, disable full-screen optimization in the properties.

0 Likes

if you dont modify the game xml you are still capped to 60 fps because the game is programmed like that.

if the developer controls is true you can disable the cap with F3

i wanna also say aside that the game renders all objects on the map even if theyre hidden or you cant see them (thereason why console players have thier slots). that is something that get fixed in the new one 

0 Likes

hola yo tengo una amd radeon rx 6800xt un ryzen 7 5800x3d y 2x16 ram a 3200mhz y en algunas partes me baja a los 60 o 65 fps y la gpu esta usando solo el 40 o 50% todo el ultra 1080p pero para mi este juego esta optimizado para nvida y tambien tengo el fs22 y anda mejor que el fs19 no me baja de 100fps todo el ultra a 1080p 

0 Likes
Juan32
Journeyman III

Not shur if anyone has figured this out yet but 2 days ago my 6800 started having low fps and poor performance reinstall windows and everything still no fix not shur if it's a driver issue or not but I'm seeing it a lot on these threads 

0 Likes

what map do you play? i played on a very script intense map where my cpu limit dropped by alot with the 6800.

on a polish themed map i have 60 to 120 fps instead of 25 to 40 on the script heavy map

0 Likes