cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Tbonius_Maximus
Journeyman III

RX 6900 xt Farming Simulator 19

Does anyone have problems with low frame rates in Farming Simulator 19 using the 6900 xt?  If I stay still the frame rates will level off at 60 fps but when I start moving they fall sometimes down into the teens.  My processor is a 3600x and that may be a slight bottleneck but it shouldnt cause that kind of instability.  When I run the overlay it shows very low usage of both the gpu and cpu so Im not sure whats going on with that.

0 Likes
17 Replies
Vivien_Hardgas
Adept I

Re: RX 6900 xt Farming Simulator 19

Hello. i got a 6800 a few days ago and i have similar problems.

i had a 2070S before and played on 4K with all maxed out 

on my 2070S i had 38 to 55 fps

on my 6800 i have 29 to 40 fps

im dissapointed because im 60% faster overall exept the FS i play nearly all the time

0 Likes
Tbonius_Maximus
Journeyman III

I'm wondering if it's an AMD VS Nvidia problem because it is a game designed around Nvidia I think. I have noticed just about no matter what settings I use it is a distance viewing thing for me.  On larger maps if I look into the distance my frame rate gets choppy but if Im just focused more on the equipment I'm operating then it smooths out.  Again that's across all settings. 

0 Likes
Vivien_Hardgas
Adept I

the game should run on PS 4 etc so i dont think nvidia should be superior.

the whole base problem is DX 11 and the bad engine the game uses. even if you have a 3090 the game gets easly into the CPU limit with mods.

IMO i dont think that is normal even if nvidia has a advantiges in DX 11. my raw performance gain should be 60% but i got 60% less in FS 19 only. in MFS which is still DX11 it runs alot better against my 2070S 

0 Likes
Tbonius_Maximus
Journeyman III

DX11 could be part of it. I do know with everything set to ultra on MFS I sometimes struggle to keep 30 FPS but I do think that's a CPU bottle neck. 

0 Likes
Vivien_Hardgas
Adept I

on my 6800 im not even hitting my CPU limit while my 2070S shifted between CPU limit (38 fps) and GPU limit (55 FPS) on 4K Ultra

0 Likes
Vivien_Hardgas
Adept I

i wrote a ticket to giants software telling having bad FPS´ on my card.

they told me to reinstall the game to "adjust" the game to the new system adn make a benchmark before the mods.

i did but even then the 2070S is faster.

i wonder if its now a driver issue of having 60% perfomance decrese aginst the 2070S or a game issue.

0 Likes
Tbonius_Maximus
Journeyman III

I may have tried that also but I don't remember if I reinstalled. Like I said before it may be the game is just friendlier to Nvidia cards.  My 6900xt performance right now isn't bad enough for me to worry about it too much as they will need releasing fs 22 this fall so I'll have a new game to complain about performance with. But I also think that my FPS may be still limited by my CPU. 

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept III

it is possible that due to the low load on the video card, the power saving mode or low performance is enabled. Try downloading dxvk 1.9.1( the latest one at the time of writing) and copy the files from the x64 folder to the game folder: dxgi.dll and d3d11.dll if the game starts at the beginning there will be lags and staters, but this is temporary, the pack is compiling shaders (as on the Cemu emulator on a PC)

0 Likes
Vivien_Hardgas
Adept I

do you have more technical explaination for that file? like what will it do.

0 Likes