Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

R3DZ1K
Adept I

RX 6900 XT CRASHING WHILE GAMING

Hi!

I have a problem with my AMD hardware. During gaming, the system shuts down. I checked all the forums on this topic but nothing helped me. I still can not play because at the load the system simply turns off.

Often at startup I have a message that the card is not supported by UEFI and automatically in the BIOS turns on CSM compatibility.

My setup:

CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 500D SE RGB

R7 5800X 

CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H-115i PLATINUM

ASUS TUF GAMING RX 6900 XT 

ASUS X570-F 

CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4 X 8 GB 3200MHZ 

SEASONIC PRIME TX-850 850W / CORSAIR RM 1000X 1000W (tested both)

0 Likes
2 Solutions
pico72
Adept I

Hello, i had the same problem, try turning off Resizable bar in bios, if its not helping, try to manually overclock your card in the amd Software, lowe4 down the voltage a little bit, set the gpu limit to +15% and set a max gpu clock speed.

Deactivating rBar fixed my issue

View solution in original post

0 Likes
R3DZ1K
Adept I

I solved the problem with the card. I am attaching a screenshot from another post. If anyone has a problem with the RX 6900 XT, unfortunately, you need to buy the appropriate power supply. I bought be quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W and the card does not turn off under high load. 

Screenshot_258.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
pico72
Adept I

Hello, i had the same problem, try turning off Resizable bar in bios, if its not helping, try to manually overclock your card in the amd Software, lowe4 down the voltage a little bit, set the gpu limit to +15% and set a max gpu clock speed.

Deactivating rBar fixed my issue

0 Likes

Please see this thread to start with: SAM - how it is enabled
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/sam-how-it-is-enabled/m-p/487813#M147779

The important thing is to have an updated BIOS, CSM disabled, UEFI enabled and an updated chipset driver for SAM to be fully functional and You need at least the following:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5000 series or AMD Ryzen 3000 series (excluding Ryzen 5 3400G and Ryzen 3 3200G)
Motherboard: AMD 500 series.
Graphic card from RX600 series .

Period.
If not then turn it off in BIOS settings.
Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes
R3DZ1K
Adept I

I solved the problem with the card. I am attaching a screenshot from another post. If anyone has a problem with the RX 6900 XT, unfortunately, you need to buy the appropriate power supply. I bought be quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W and the card does not turn off under high load. 

Screenshot_258.png

0 Likes

0 Likes

After many tests with the new power supply, I came to one more problem. AMD Smart Access Memory does not work very well in my configuration and it happened that the computer crashed once again while playing. I recommend that you disable this option in the BIOS. I also recommend using two separate connectors from the power supply to the card, not one.

0 Likes