cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

holocene
Journeyman III

RX 6800XT no display

Hello there, I recently bought a Powercolor Red Dragon 6800XT and a PSU to go with it and I proceeded to install the thing. Ran clean out of ideas after 6ish hours of wrestling with it.

Luckily I've some LED's on my motherboard that I can use to do some basic diag, the system was posting and booting well enough but I couldn't get a display output no matter what I did. The card powered on fine, the LED was glowing, I presume the fans would not ramp up on boot given the girth of the thing.

I reseated the card multiple times, to no avail, tried to force both Gen 3 and 4 on the PCI-E, cleared the BIOS multiple times, and I just gave up on it. Ended up mounting my trusty old RX 560, which pulled the exact same stunt on a different system some years ago, and it just worked.

Any pointers to getting the 6800XT up and running?

PS: The VGA LED stays on even though the PC booted (which I can tell because the lighting on my peripherals is software controlled and it turns into what it should be 10-15ish seconds after doing the power button in.

SPECS:
AORUS PRO B550
RYZEN 7 5800X
16GB DDR4 @3600
ASUS STRIX RX 560
SEASONIC GC 850W PSU.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Thisischaos
Journeyman III

I'm having the same issue with my RX 6900 XT. Every time I try to install the driver the display ports stop working. I reinstalled windows thinking that it might have been an issue with an update but it still failed. I've been bouncing between safe mode, DDU, BIOS, and regular startup to try to get it to work but every time the 6900 series drivers kick in it kills my monitor.

0 Likes