Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KieranNew31
Journeyman III

RX 6800xt Black screen and reboot

Hi All,

Having some trouble with the Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT. Installed on Tuesday morning, booted up and ran straight away. Opened a game to test it out, around 10mins in both monitors go black, and the PC restarts itself. No error code or anything, just black screen and then it's back to the windows log in screen. Around 40% of the time I boot up, it will crash after I log in to windows - It will run the startup programs, and when I go to run something manually, it crashes. The other times, I will be able to perform simple tasks like a web browser (I'm writing this right now with it). But as soon as anything that adds load is run, it will crash. (for example, it will allow me to get to the main menu of games, and crash when the game actually runs). It's not specific to a game, I've tried DX11 and DX12 games, as well as benchmark software. Load = Crash.

I've reinstalled windows, removed all drivers with DDU and reinstalled, tried different driver versions, updated mobo bios, checked cables and reseated GPU RAM etc.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Stupidly, I didn't add specs.

Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT, Ryzen 7 3700x, MSi B550m Mortar, Corsair 32GB DDR4, Corsair RM 850x PSU

0 Likes
2 Replies
iiStryker
Journeyman III

I’m having similar issues except its exclusively with DX12 games

randomly black screening while I’m  playing anything in DX12 even Timespy black screens the gpu

The GPU just shuts down and I have to power cycle to reboot. 

event viewer doesn’t offer any insight

and I too have taken all the steps you’ve mentioned in your OP to try to isolate the issue 

I have the same motherboard (b550m mortar wifi) but a TUF 6800XT OC, 5600x, 16Gb 3600 cl16 trident z neo, WD Black sn750 1Tb nvme, 850w seasonic focus GX psu

im also running a Quest 2

were you ever able to resolve the issue?

0 Likes

Have you tried monitoring the ps voltage outputs with a digital multimeter to see if its sagging during loading?  Are the pcie power connectors to the gpu on separate rails?

0 Likes