cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 6800 XT XFX MERC constant driver time-outs.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card Make & Model
    • Radeon RX 6800 XT XFX MERC
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 20H2 64bit 19042.867 Build
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.3.1
  • Display Make and model and connection/adapter in use, resolution, and refresh rate.
    • LG UltraGear 27GN950-B 3840x2160 @144Hz Delock 8K DisplayPort Kabel
  • CPU/APU Make and model number
    • Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard Make & Model + Bios Revision
    • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk BIOS A.61
  • Power Supply Unit Make & Model + Wattage
    • be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W Platinum
  • System Memory Make & Model + Frequency
    • G.Skill Trident Z Neo DIMM Kit 32GB

Describe your issue:

• I am getting driver timeout issues. I get them during normal desktop use as well when I start games. For the driver timeout to appear in desktop use, I can not reproduce it. During gaming it appears mostly soon after the start. Sometimes the game won’t even start, or make it into the main menu.
  • I attach some pictures with screenshots of the driver timeout happening as well as the corresponding error messages from different games. I use mostly 4k and ultra-settings in the games. Changing resolution and / or settings has no significant effect on driver timeout occurences.

Driver timeout in desktop mode 

Driver timeout in GTAV 

Driver timeout in Lord of the Rings online 

Driver timeout in Red Dead Redemption 2 

Driver timeout in Sea of Thieves 

Do you have suggestions on how to solve this problem? Is there a way to find out, if my card is the problem - or if is really "just" a driver thing?

0 Likes
6 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

i had drivers time outs in valhalla because of bluetooth => headset+gamepad  , i disabled headset and no time outs anymore (i plugged headset to audio output instead)

0 Likes

The MAG B550 TOMAHAWK has no bluetooth and wifi. Thanks for the suggestion!

0 Likes
bysantin
Adept I

I have the same GPU, and have had similar issues since I got it about a week ago.

What I found were my problem was not the driver itself, but the Adrenalin software. What I needed to do was to install the drivers without the Adrenalin software, and that fixed everything for me.

First I would use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to make sure you uninstall all the drivers.

Then I would follow this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtIh1fnuNoE it will show you how to install the drivers without the Adrenalin software.

Please let me know if this helped you.

0 Likes

Hi bysantin,

Thanks for the good suggestion. Unluckily it did not solve the problem as I run into the same kind of crash I experience instantly in RDR2.

Are there any other ideas out there?

0 Likes

You might want to remove the d**K pictures in those screenshots...

0 Likes

I am not sure I get what you mean.

0 Likes