cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

santo01
Adept I

RX 6800 XT Time Spy stress test very low score (Windows 11)

Hi

I bought RX 6800 XT (Sapphire Pulse) last December. I ran Windows 10 and the score in Time Spy was excellent.

In the meantime I did upgrade to Windows 11. And now I tried to run Time Spy (not Extreme) stress test and the score was between 75% and 92% - NOT PASSED. All other tests - PASSED (Port Royal, Fire Strike Extreme, even Time Spy Extreme). I noticed huge drops in GPU usage in the graph after test (Time Spy).

I tried lastest drivers 22.1.2 and recommended drivers 21.10.2. Windows 11 version is 21H2 22000.469 (with all updates). 3DMark version: 2.22.7336 64

Has anyone similar problem? Thank you.

My system:

RX 6800 XT

Intel Core i7-11700

32 GB RAM 3200

be quiet! Straight Power 11 850W (Gold)

0 Likes
1 Solution

I noticed when I change Windows 11 power plan to "High performance", Time Spy stress test score is good (99.6%). When I keep "Balanced" there are huge spikes in CPU usage and frequency and Time Spy stress test score is low. Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Well, if you just upgraded to windows 11 and did nothing else with the PC, then maybe the problem is in the drivers or the system itself, ideally I recommend a clean installation of windows, the update is such a thing, the Windows itself will work stably, but the drivers that are originally installed on windows 10 may give some delay. In theory, such stress tests should usually pass well, it's strange that your indicators have dropped, run the latancy mon program (when the PC is idle or better as soon as the PC is turned on, no matter what interferes) and see what indicators will be, 10 seconds is usually enough. If there is a delay, it will show it.

0 Likes

I noticed when I change Windows 11 power plan to "High performance", Time Spy stress test score is good (99.6%). When I keep "Balanced" there are huge spikes in CPU usage and frequency and Time Spy stress test score is low. Thank you for your help.