Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

krwawisz
Journeyman III

RX 6800 XT huge GPU usage and FPS drops problem

Hi Guys

I am having a problem with my new RX 6800XT card (at least i think it might be the card because before everything was ok with GTX 1080). In general after an hour or so of gaming in games (Valhalla, Rage 2) that push the card the hardest (2300Mhz and over) suddenly out of nowhere GPU usage drops down to actually zero, as well as FPS of course and it goes up and down like this forever. When I turn off the game, it goes down to zero and trying another game (even less demanding) gives the same results - unplayable. To make it work again i need to restart the computer. In general it doesn't happen in tests like OCCT or 3D Mark or less demanding games (but I guess it might have something to do with the clocks which basically never go over 2200Mhz in those tests) or at least I haven't noticed anything like that after an hour OCCT test or two hours playing Spellforce 3 for example. I am attaching pictures of HWMonitor and Radeon Soft made when it happens. All my drivers are up to date. I am also not using any OC (just XMP profiles for RAM) - checked the memory - no problems. 

My computer: 

Ryzen 7 3700x

B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

16GB RAM PATRIOT VIPER 3600mhz

PSU SilentiumPC 750w

Any ideas????? 

problems-RX6800xt

42 Replies