cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nicerdicer
Journeyman III

Re: RX 6800 XT huge GPU usage and FPS drops problem

Same problem with PUBG. Utilization jumping from 0 to 50-100, every few seconds, which makes game looks like slideshow, literally. Always happens around 10 minutes after game started. Probably, it is a peak moment during First Zone starting to decrease and all players around map starting to rotate. That makes the most loading for CPU, probably. What is interesting, I can play one session for few hours with no lags. Next day, after PC is rebooted, such lags can happen in every match.

6800 XT Gigabyte Gaming OC

4K, low settings (textures high), VSYNC monitor, driver, game on. Turning VSYNC off wont help, driver settings all by default.

0 Likes
sherox888
Adept I

Nvidia responds to its users but amd asleep among the soft thorns.

iman__47
Adept I

Even at 4k? Because when I use virtual super resolution and make gpu bottleneck the problem will go away .. but in 1440p I have same problem and I tried every solution and it didn't work ..

Plus .. when I had 2060 super , image sharpening was so good and when I enabled it at nvidia control panel specially in games such as sekiro or red dead 2 which has bad implementation of taa , it was game changer! But with this 6800xt even when I set radeon image sharpening to 100 % .. it won't be as good as it was with 2060 s! Final image in 2060 s was better by far! With 6800 xt Only if I render game at 4k then scale down to 1440 p and then use image sharpening I can get good image quality.. even with that still I think the image quality with 2060 was slightly better ( only with turning on image sharpening and not render at 4k! )

0 Likes
iman__47
Adept I

Finally found the solution 🤩 Go to display setting , find power and sleep , go to additional option and change power plan to ultimate performance , I also changed my cpu profile in bios setting and changed it from normal to max performance mode .

This process solved the gpu usage drop problem for me

iman__47
Adept I

Guys ..

In what games you have this problem? 

Could u tell me? 

I think I realised what the real problem came from

0 Likes
diegopl2
Adept I

so?

0 Likes
nicerdicer
Journeyman III

For me it was PUBG

0 Likes
iman__47
Adept I

For me was horizon zero dawn specially in dense area like in game benchmark .. and red dead redemption 2 in dense area like Saint Denis! In horizen zero dawn benchmark , gpu usage fluctuated like crazy and I had insane stutters ! But after 3 months that I tested everything , I mean everyyything, even changed my cpu and bought 5600x finally I found that the problem was H.D.D!

I don't know how even is it possible that h.d.d affects gpu usage but somehow it did! So when I installed horizen zero dawn in my ssd .. the problem solved entirely and now I have very consistent fps and gpu usage keeps in 99% and there is no stutter at All

I wanted to share this experience with you guys 

So try this and see if the problem will go away or not

lupori412
Journeyman III

I just bought a 6800 XT and have had the same issue with low FPS and LOW usage compared to CPU. One thing I found that did help so far in a few games, SOTR and Warzone is I set my minimum FPS and my max FPS to my monitor refresh rate. 165. it seems to make a difference in games 

0 Likes
iman__47
Adept I

What's your specs?

And what resolution u play?

0 Likes