Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

gravyrizor
Adept I

Re: RX 6800 XT High Idle Memory Clock

Jump to solution

Do you have the same hardware as well? This problem is very old, but still persists...

0 Likes
G5Y
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yeah sapphire 6800xt nitro.

0 Likes
gravyrizor
Adept I

Jump to solution

And what monitor do you have? Have you already tried changing the resolution with CRU?

0 Likes
G5Y
Adept I

Jump to solution

I am not sure if I should blame my old Monitor with DVI Port for it :D

BENQ XL2411z 144Hz.

I found the workaround with CRU. Unfortunately I can just set the blaking lines and data that I have max 122Hz on the Desktop.

Otherwise I exceed the possible PIXELCLOCK-Rate for the DVI Output (330Mhz)

It is just sad that we need a workaround for this. With the previous NVIDIA Card I didnt have too create a workaround so that the card downclocked without issues.. Anyways I hope it will be fixed in the driver soon and I will not encounter this issues when I will buy a new display next year.

0 Likes
gravyrizor
Adept I

Jump to solution

Ah, i see. Yea, its a very annoying bug. Unfortunately the officials are just saying its "normal system behaviour". I think it isnt...

LordBYRoN
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Yesterday my new monitor arrived (Xiaomi 27" 1440p 165hz) and I encountered the same issue on my Radeon 6800 reference. Vram clock at 2000mhz if I change the referesh from 60hz to 100/120/144 or 165hz. So more power consumption, noise and higher temperature when surfing the web for example. I fixed it too with CRU software, now I have 144hz, 10bit color depth and the VRAM clock goes down as it should. But it's quite annoying that AMD says that it is normal... it is not normal for me having the ram clock speed at full power on the desktop as when playing Cyperpunk...

G5Y
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thx for the input.

In my eyes it is not normal, seems like the user who have encountered the issue, or aware of it( I bet a lot ppl even are not aware of this issues, because not everyone is monitoring it's hardware), have different resolutions, different refresh rates etc, it's like most of the ppl have a custom setting in cru to fix it. Amd should do something against it. Why Nvidia can handle it and AMD not and is claiming it as normal. No it's not normal. 

Would be nice from them to get a reaction to this topic.

najsr
Adept I

Jump to solution

I resolved the issue by using CRU. But my monitor is no longer running at it's max refresh rate.

1440p 165Hz monitor (Dell S2721DGF)

CRU_8C1lOXGgB3.png

0 Likes
gravyrizor
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer, but most of us already know about the CRU workaround. It is just not right, that we have to have lower refresh rates just because AMD is not capable of providing a correct working driver. Anyone from AMD here with a statement? As you can see there are more here and as someone else said there must be a very big number of people who are not noticing it. Just imagine all the power waste that is done by this bug. Not the best publicity in times of energy preserving...

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

Jump to solution

@gravyrizor wrote:

Thanks for your answer, but most of us already know about the CRU workaround. It is just not right, that we have to have lower refresh rates just because AMD is not capable of providing a correct working driver. Anyone from AMD here with a statement? As you can see there are more here and as someone else said there must be a very big number of people who are not noticing it. Just imagine all the power waste that is done by this bug. Not the best publicity in times of energy preserving...

That is easy to answer NO, NOBODY FROM AMD IS HERE IN THESE USER TO USER FORUMS. There are few AMD mods that sometimes help but that is pretty hit and miss. Nobody from Driver Engineering is ever here. It is beyond me why AMD doesn't participate in their own forum but they DO NOT. 

The only way to contact AMD, and I urge everyone to do so that has an issue: 

Use the "Bug Report" in Radeon Settings,

Contact AMD Support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

This is the only way to contact AMD.

AMD has a Reddit feed you might try posting in. 

Often I send notes about wide spread issues to the Tech sites like LTT or Gamers Nexus for instance. 

Getting one of them to take notice and say something at times seems to be the only way to get traction on getting something fixed.

0 Likes