Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mackbolan777
Forerunner
Forerunner

Re: rx 6800 xt green screen desktop crash

No, they are "very pretty junk". Seriously, I think they're junk myself. If they spent more time in R&D and less in RGB, they might get some where. Years ago, like before 2014 they were decent. Post UEFI, mostly junk. I did have one good GPU from them but it was a 1080i Nvidia Duke with no RGB. 

Just RMA the thing and see what happens. Or Buy an RX 6800 Gigabyte 16G, not the Gaming OC, because the fans suck on the OC model and it should work perfectly.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
Cookies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

This could be an issue I have found while running my 6800 xt on TV, I'm just a Highschool nerd so no expert and can't explain it, but might lead you on the right path... I was running my PC on living room TV, would get random crashes to green screen often when idol, or just web browsing... tried many solutions like you, from swapping around hardware to Uninstaller and reinstalling drivers, firmware... blah blah - then someone mentioned to me it could be an issue with HDMI handshaking for somereason, my display is only 60Hz (I noticed you have a 60Hz display as well)... and I was suggested to go into my Windows and Radeon display settings and make sure everything was locked and set for the correct resolution and Hz... so far have not had an issue in 3 days which is an improvement, as before it was happening like 1-2 times a day.

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

try a converter from displayport to HDMI for your main screen i have the same issaue same GPU and as long as i use DP to HDMI no probs at all im not happy with this but it is working and my card even destroyed my windows during the first week of trying to work out what was going on.

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

are you useing Displayport, if so try a converter to hdmi it works on mine crashes every time i plug in direct displayport to display port can run any converter tried up to 4k as i dont have any 8k displays to test this but i can run super res at 8k

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Update to this thread i ahve now found elswhere in these forums to set VRAM to fast setting and have not had a crash for over an hour on DP to DP i think this has fixed the issue or it was the new driver that was released today whichever mine seems to be working now

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

had this issue with MSI gaming x trio 6800 xt until i found out through local store and then on here that you need to set VRAM timing to fast and that should fix your prob.

0 Kudos
johnnyrico
Noob
Noob

So i have been crashing to green screen on my 6800xt, sometimes right when i boot into widows, so i set the VRM timing to fast, just wondering if that has still fixed the problem for you and if you have had anymore crashes yourself since changing it to fast vrm timing?

0 Kudos
johnnyrico
Noob
Noob

I have also been crashing to green screen on my 6800xt, i am going to take your suggestion and set VRM to fast timing.

Just wondering if this has worked for you since you changed it, or is it still green screen crashing?

0 Kudos