cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rx 6800 xt crashing with Watch Dogs Legion

Ok so to start off: I dont know for certain if its a driver issue or a game issue, just gonna explain what I found out and how the crash behaves and see if anyone with big brain energy can figure this out.

So I was playing WD legion with my new rx 6800 xt, and everything was fine (except for the low performance with ray tracing but anyways) until i start the 1st mission as a desdec member, i enter the safehouse and just when it finishes loading the game crashes, after hours of testing, changing settings, verifying files, actually underclocking the gpu just in case etc. I found out the problem: Ray tracing.

So. The game has ray-traced reflections. You can either disable it, set it to medium, high or ultra. I found out that no matter which option you choose it crashes EXCEPT for off. Why? i have no idea. Also, if i enabled RT once it loads that next part, it crashes instantly, is like it cant handle the instructions of ray tracing in that area... 

If any other of you users with an RDNA2 GPU faces this issue let me know, please. It might be just me or no...

I'm waiting for Ubisoft to drop the update today as they said and I'll update you all when i try it, hopefully, it fixes it and it wasn't a driver issue at all.

UPDATE: Just updated the game, and the issue still occurs, so yeah, driver issue for sure, AMD fix this soon please :/

1 Solution

Ok i forgot to update this, since the 2.40 update everything is ok, so i guess it was the game, tor well maybe a mix of graphics drivers and game code update. Either way the performance with ray tracing is horrible but oh well. Let me mark this topic as answered or whatever

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies