cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

matthewashley
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RX 6800 XT black screens when second monitor is connected.

Jump to solution

I saw your solution... 

I have the same issue when both monitors are connected and sometimes after playing a game with only 1 monitor connected. 

Both my monitors though have Freesync integrated into their systems. Hmmm...

0 Kudos
Aniroth
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am having exactly the same issue.

I bought a msi 6800xt gaming x trio like a month ago and i am keep getting random black screens.

But, not in all games. I have 60+ hours in cyberpunk with the graphics pumped up to max and no black screens or whatsoever. 

Whereas, i was playing monster hunter world for an hour and BOOM, black screen.

Other examples would be with medium, anno1800 or even when the PC is in idle but that happened only once.

I've tried reinstalling/installing drivers updated windows,checking temperatures etc. I am stuck, dont know what to do.

If the gpu was faulty wouldn't the black screens be happening in all games ?

Also my psu is as per the recommended from msi, a 750w

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

hey there i am haveing basically the same issues and have found that if i use a Displayport to HDMI converter on my DP sockets everything works great, not perfect but it is working as soon as i plug in direct DP to DP any gen have tried all version i get black screen within 5 mins. i am still hopeing this is a driver issue as i had very similar issues with both vega 64 and rx 470 before that hopefully this info helps

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Had this prob untill i found on here today to try setting VRAM setting to fast timing and i have not had an issue since good few hours of hard testing pretty happy this has fixed my prob

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

110% Radeon software and this is how i fixed it. first run card with HDMI install latest driver, use radeon setting to set your VRAM to fast and set fan curve etc basically get driver how you like it. at this point i used a driver backup program to backup drivers, then uninstalled amd software. restart the uninstall but whaen it finishes unpacking copy the location of driver and shut down install of software and just install driver no software, now you use the driver backup to return the driver that you setup earliear and Viola perfect system no crash for overnight with Path of Exile running the whole time. it is 110% adrenaline software this will 100% fix 6800xt black screen green screen many probs.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Best fix i have found so far now is let windows install its own driver and this works fine. you have no controll over your card but it works untill AMD fix there drivers

The AMD Warrior

They **bleep**ed it i fixed it now they need to do there **bleep**ing jobs

0 Kudos
baszczer
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Problems can arise from inconspicuous differences. I use two Eizo's on Ubuntu (connected to a RX 5700 XT). After a while I started getting shutdown errors, all I had to do was swap the order of the cables at the card and the errors disappeared. The reason may also be the cables themselves.

0 Kudos
tallyhipp
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

OK THIS GOES FOR ALL 6800xt probs at this stage try windows basic driver dont use AMD driver if this works bombard AMD tech support about this DRIVER issue

0 Kudos