Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

9ozzi9
Journeyman III

RX 6800 XT and remote desktop

Hello all. i have problem. 

my config is: x670e Pro RS + 7700x + rx 6800 xt phantom gaming + full hd monitor with HDMI. 

My problem is that when I use the remote desktop, everything works fine for me, but as soon as I turn off the monitor with the button, the remote desktop stops transmitting the picture. what is the problem? before that was rx580 with the same monitor and HDMI cable and there were no problems. why do I have to leave my monitor on to use remote desktop now?? help me please

0 Likes
8 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

what remote desktop software do you use ?

0 Likes

all soft. anydesk, teamviewer, vnc and other…

0 Likes

What if you simply use Quick Assist that is built in to Windows?

Sounds like some kind of power saving thiing where GPU stops running when screen is turned off. I don't know how to fix that, but would try power saving settings.

0 Likes

for what i remember,, that was the reason i stopped use of teamviewer for example , it requires a monitor connected to gpu server pc .. and maybe that's the same reason (not related to gpu , but remote desktop sofware) that is a problem documented on forums about this software... now i use windows desktop sharing client and xrdp on linux for the server to avoid this... but for other client i don't know (vnc... but there was a reason why i didn't use it either ... don't remember )

0 Likes

I used TeamViewer for everything, but then had to use it to help relatives with their taxes. Whenever you start using Euro or Dollar signs, it disconnects you after some time commenting, that this software is for non-profit use only. 

I think Quick Assist is a great tool, but does require MS account.

0 Likes

ah yes had this problem too , they thought i was using my personal server for commercial use ... didn't understood how they get to that conclusion ...

0 Likes
9ozzi9
Journeyman III

my problem is still not solved. why when I disable the monitor button, I am not connected to the computer through anydesk or another alternative program? It's definitely in the video card, how can I fix it? help me please

0 Likes
tolcheen
Adept II

Did you ever get a resolution?

0 Likes