cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zachmeese
Journeyman III

Rx 6800 Warzone low fps HELP PLEASE

Below is my situation let me know what you think and if you can help. 

Hi here is my situation 

I just got a new amd sapphire rx 6800 gpu 

My cpu is a Ryzen 5 3600

My ram is 16 Gb Corsair vengeance 

My motherboard is a Aorus b450m 

I only play Warzone on 1080p and I’m only getting 100fps 

People with very similar setups are getting 200+fps on Warzone 

The AMD drivers are updated to the latest. 

For some reason I’m having trouble getting into Ryzen master for my cpu it only lets me see the installer 

I do not know how to get into BIOS and look at that 

All that I’ve read online is that it is my Ryzen 5 and I need to upgrade but I want to make sure. 

I am not extremely educated. Here is my number 3303164692 

I will pay whoever helps me. Thx :/ 
0 Likes
19 Replies

This is the support page for your motherboard. You can download your manual and it should tell you how to get into your bios. Usually it is just pressing the del key while booting. 

This is a link to an optimization guide that may help. 

https://www.ozarc.games/best-graphic-settings-for-call-of-duty-warzone/

I know that some games are still not running right with the new cards. Feel free to report this to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

0 Likes
jon4480
Adept I

I have similar problem with 6900xt + 3800x + 16gb 3600mhz
In warzone, gpu usage is 50-60%   and I have bad performance, voltage goes up and down every sec, chip power draw
is around 130 instead of 250w in other games.
Also radeon software is constantely using 7% of my cpu, forcing it to constantely keep one core fully boosted to 4.4ghz 24/7,
and my fans don't like it, it makes more noice at idle than it suppose to be

0 Likes

Your post makes no sense, maybe you should make a new thread with all details of your problem.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

If you are talking to me I already did a post with my issues, and also what's not making sense?

0 Likes

@jon4480 wrote:

If you are talking to me I already did a post with my issues, and also what's not making sense?

Geez, a link to your other post would have been handy, or do you think everyone should have to check all your previous posts.

So yeh, makes sense ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Advertising in this forum is against forum rules.

@Matt_AMD 

0 Likes
DrHam
Journeyman III

Hi,

You are not going to get 200fps with 3600. The videos that say that are bogus. Check your cpu and gpu time ingame overlays. The cpu dictates your maximum fps and it is up to the gpu if it can handle the information coming from cpu. If your cpu time is higher than the gpu time then cpu is limiting fps. After that it does not matter how low your  gpu time is. And vice versa. 

You can aproximately calculate the fps from gpu or cpu time from which time is higher

0 Likes

Cpu time 5ms, gpu time 7ms. So it's not cpu cap  

With rtx2060 super i was achieving better results than on rx6800. Something isn't right then. 

Funny enough, modern warfare dlc (as it's more dlc now than base game...) Works slightly better than my previous card, yet, still it's a bump from working worse than previous while playing war zone. 

I'm pretty much sure, it's drivers related issue. 

0 Likes
reda
Journeyman III

hello 

did you fixe your problem ? 

i got the ssame problem with a smilar setup r 5 3600 no oc and rx 6800

0 Likes
zkhon
Journeyman III

Hi ended did u solve the issue ?

0 Likes
DadsGames
Adept I

Same issue here, graphics look like crap, stutters, tears, flashes, RX6800. Looked better at low settings on my old 1070ti. Used to be ok, but I had to re-install because of some bios issues etc. Ever since, warzone has been behaving like crap. Same drivers, same settings. No idea why. Something is wrong with this card... No issues in other games tho.

0 Likes

The same problem with my 6800  im running a Asus x570 motherboard ,3700x ram is 3600mz,psu 750  and my 2060 ran 5 times better then this card     reinstalled windows,games and all drivers and this card is trash    please help

0 Likes

the same problem with my rx 6800 gaming x trio

0 Likes

I was able to improve graphics by disabling freesync and by setting Tesselation Mode to "Use Application Settings" in the GLOBAL settings!

0 Likes

Update your motherboard's firmware to the latest as it will most likely support addressable bar technology which will improve your FPS also while also solving some PCIE issues.

Try to find an updated driver for your PCIE. I ran my windows update and I got an "Intel PCIEX16 firmware upgrade" which kind of solved all my issues.

Also make sure you're using the latest beta drivers, not the stable ones. You will get much better games compatibility.

0 Likes

@DadsGames 

Can you provide some more info, links ? Thank you in advance! 

0 Likes

I was having the same problem, if not worse. What finally worked for me (and makes zero sense), is I borrowed a friend’s 3070. Installed it and played warzone. It worked perfectly, 140+ FPS, smooth. I then used DDU to uninstall the nvidia drivers for the 3070, powered down my pc and took it out. I reinserted my 6800 and booted up, windows did it’s unites setup for the 6800 drivers. Once it was done, I installed the latest amd drivers (21.5.2). I chose optimize for esports, did my regular OC tweaks in performance tuning (I can provide if anyone wants), ran warzone and tommy surprise, I’m getting 155+ FPS except in downtown where it’s very cpu intensive and it drops to 120ish (still very smooth), but that’s quite normal. It’s been several days now and I couldn’t be happier. Hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes
manito28
Journeyman III

a

0 Likes
manito28
Journeyman III

It is simple gentlemen, do not kill your head. If you have a 2666 hz ram memory you will not get the most out of the graphics in this game as it is poorly optimized. In my case the average FPS with 24 GB of ram at 2666 was 100. When I changed this for a 16 GB at 3200 MHZ incredibly that average at 120, Which led me to the conclusion that with a ram memory of 32 GB at 3600 MHZ, this card would be used to its full potential in this poorly optimized game, and with a 16 GB at 3600 you will see the difference.

That is the real bottleneck

0 Likes