Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BootyDeww
Journeyman III

RX 6800 VRAM Clock Speed

Hello everyone!

When I keep checking my AMD Radeon Software I have noticed that my VRAM clock speed is always around 2000 MHz and I currently am using an RX 6800, is this something that is normal, or do I need to change some settings around to get this straightened out. 

I have also experienced a blue screen while playing Warzone that reads video_memory_managment and was wondering if this could be related to the problem of the VRAM.

Thanks and I hope to hear from someone soon.

0 Likes
2 Replies
cvzone
Adept III

This is a common problem with the driver and the blanking rate of your display. To say it very easy, the line refesh of the display is too fast and keeps the memory clock up. When you reduce your refesh rate the memory should drop. But this is not a solution and AMD should fix the driver behavior.

However, you can alter the blanking settings with the tool CRU. This is a little bit complicated, you should google the topic for instructions.

This issue has been around for 6 months. I have a DELL U2412M that is 60hz, but I have to down clock it to 50hz to reduce the VRAM on every driver after 20.11.1. Having AMD say this is normal or "expected behavior" is frustrating to say the least. 

Asus B450-I 2700x GSkill Trident Z 16GB 3200 CL16 XFX 5700 DD Ultra
0 Likes