cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Adept I

RX 6800 or Nvidia RTX 3070 Which card will you choose and why ?

Priced at $580 RX 6800 with 16GB of VRAM is a key feature of the card. At higher resolutions and detail settings, performance can bottleneck without sufficient GPU memory. AMD's marketers often cherry pick obscure games with high res/settings, the details of which are rarely disclosed, then compare the results with cards that have less memory. In that scenario, the cards with less memory look weaker than they would at 1080p. The Card  will struggle to compete, partly because it lacks RTX+DLSS which is required for the best gaming experience in class leading titles such as Cyberpunk 2077. 

Gaming on Nvidia RTX 3070 priced at $500  with the combination of RTX+DLSS delivers stunning graphics that are several tiers higher than both AMD's best discrete GPUs and the upcoming consoles. In terms of real world performance, Nvidia’s 3000 series has more or less put AMD’s Radeon group in checkmate.

0 Likes
4 Replies
archtsean
Journeyman III

I have both cards and for my personal work flow and low level gaming I can't really say I think one card is better than the other.  I will say I've had better luck with the Nvidia Drivers/Software.  The only other gripe I have with the AMD is that it's a reference design which has a tiny heatsink and it just ejects tons of heat.  But RTX/DLSS has made no difference in my life.

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

AMD every time..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Anyone else notice OP post is mostly copy/paste from ubm.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

RTX OFC! AMD dont have hardware encoder( AMF is piece of sh.. - this is not hw!!!) and other features like rtx sound noise susp etc.OBS have nice plugins for Nvidia cards like streamfx etc.AMD cards for streaming and video content  = bigest trash on the world!Never again buy amd gpu.

0 Likes