cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HelgeHase
Journeyman III

RX 6800 not recognized when used with PCIe riser

I built a new mining rig, with 6x RX6800 GPUs, all connected with a riser to a MSI Z170A Gamin Pro mainboard and 2 PSU (HX1200 and RM1000x). However, one of the cards, the Powercolor Red Devil RX 6800 is not recognized by Windows 10. If I connect the card on another PC to the mainboard directly, everything works fine.

Whenever I connect it with the riser, all the lights of the riser and card are on, but the fans don't even spin on startup.

What I tried so far:

- switched riser with one of the ones working with another card, and even bought another type of riser

- switched cables (even connected two seperate PCIe cables to the card and a seperate PCIe to the riser)

- disconnected all cards and tried with the Red Devil only

- changed the BIOS PCIe settings from auto to 3, 2 and 1

So I ran out of ideas. Anybody has the same problem, with a solution?

0 Likes
3 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

You are NOT welcome here. SUFFER! 

0 Likes

Dont expect to get any help here. People like you are the reason we cant have nice things.

0 Likes

Either a Motherboard issue or a Driver issue.

Which Mining Driver are you using?

Make & Model of the Risers and cables connected to the Motherboard.

I suggest you open a Thread at a Mining Forum for your type of Mining software you are using to see what Miners have done to fix  the same or similar issue.

Does your motherboard support 6 GPUs?

NOTE: As you can tell by other Users remarks, Miners are not exactly popular at the moment due to the fact that Miners is one of the main reasons AMD GPUs latest models are so scarce and extremely expensive.

0 Likes