Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PetriK12
Journeyman III

RX 6800 High load temperatures

Hi,

Idle temperatures: < 45°C (25% fan speed = 560 RPM) Its cool, but

Load temperatures: immediately after start game jump to >85°C (70% fan speed = 1950 RPM)

My question is, is this normal ? How can temperature immediately jump from 45°C to 85°C. Thanks for respond.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Any particular game, there are some game engines where in menu with vsync off fps is uncontrolled causing fan/temp ramp up.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

vsync off: yes

fps is uncontrolled: No (i have limit 60fps in AMD drivers + in games)

Thnks for respond

0 Likes

This is normal, if you do not enable vertical synchronization, or do not limit the fps in the game, then the card will work at the limit of its capabilities, I usually do a limit of 115 frames/sec (I have a monitor with freesync 120 Hz) and the card does not work at full capacity and does not heat up much. ( you can lower the frequencies in the adrenaline and slightly lower the voltage)also in the new firewood there is a temperature of the center of the gpu, and it is much higher than the temperature around the gpu itself. I have a card up to 75 to a maximum of 80 warmed up with a frequency limit and a decrease in voltage on the GPU. (rx6900xt)

0 Likes