cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CharlieCC
Journeyman III

RX 6800: choppy desktop FPS, alt+tab issues, OBS issues, screen filtering issues

Hello AMD people

I recently got a reference RX 6800 and it's been giving me all sorts of problems that neither of my old Nvidia GPUs have.

1. I get very low (10-15) FPS when using basic applications like Chrome and Excel, even typing stuff in MS Word and moving windows around.

2. Blue light filtering applications don't seem to work. I used to use f.lux to make my screen darker and "redder" which has helped me sleep. The application doesn't work with the 6800.

3. When I run games in Fullscreen Windowed mode, I can't tab out of them. When I alt+tab, I see the desktop, but as soon as I move my cursor the game pops back up.

4. The screen recoding/streaming software, OBS, outputs very choppy videos and everything on my screen is also choppy while using it. Only occurs with "display capture". Recording fullscreen games works fine. 

All of these issues only occur with the AMD 6800, and not my old Nvidia 1660S or 1050Ti. The RX 6800 works as expected when running fullscreen games, but it makes my experience with everything else significantly worse to the point that the huge FPS improvement in fullscreen games isn't worth the trouble I get elsewhere. Hoping someone from AMD knows how to fix this.

Things I have tried:

1. Different versions of the Radeon drivers, including the latest one

2. Updating the applications/games

I'm running Win7x64 with a 5930k CPU.

0 Likes
0 Replies