Re: RX 6800 Black screen under load

Jump to solution

any, which most stable to your system

0 Likes
cloudcard
Adept II

Jump to solution

I've had mine set to stock, 3200, XMP'd to 3200 and 3200 with custom timings and none had any real effect on my crashes.

The retailer are collecting the card from me today. Hopefully this whole saga will end soon...

0 Likes
mypg0306
Adept I

Jump to solution

i see. good luck to get a good quality card

0 Likes
Cslegacy
Adept I

Jump to solution

I updated firmware on gfx card I also did the settings in the above YouTube video and under volted like him, was stable on 2 different benchmarks no black screens, what I did notice is when you change the settings in global all you're games are all factory settings so you have to change each one and turn free sync off.

0 Likes
cloudcard
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'm glad that works for you! Best of luck.

I just don't think I should be paying this much to have to underpower and disable features just to get it running. It's clear to me the mutterings around AMD drivers had a nugget of truth to them.

I like Gsync /Free sync. I like hardware acceleration. I like using my GPU to stream from. I hope this gets solved long term soon.

0 Likes
ArmGadge1
Adept II

Jump to solution

@mackbolan777 Finally I could have enough time, so I removed one set of RAM, cleared CMOS and Reinstall driver with using DDU.

Also I tried to update chipset driver to 2.13.27.501, update vBIOS to L02,  but still have a problem.

I noticed Q-LED in the Motherboard indicates VGA error when rebooting after problem occured. So it might be a hardware problem.

I already sent multiple bug report to AMD, but should I contact ASRock?

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Try swapping the RAM you pulled with the other RAM. Just to eliminate any RAM issue. Make sure the card is fully seated, especially in the front that the metal tabs are firmly into the case. I'm unaware of any vBIOS updates for the RX6800. I would contact AsRock after you verify the previous. It's possible your PSU is defective because that unit has capacitors in the cables. So contacting Corsair might be a good idea too. 

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
ArmGadge1
Adept II

Jump to solution

I swapped to other RAM and checked card is fully seated.

Also there was a spare of PCIe PSU modular cable so I replaced to it, but nothing has changed.

I will contact ASRock support, but unfortunately support desk on my region is closed for now because of Chinese New Year, so It will take time. 

0 Likes
ArmGadge1
Adept II

Jump to solution

Update: I swapped PSU to Silverstone SST-ST75F-P(750W) which was pulled from my old machine, but same thing happened.

It's more likely VGA or Motherboard issue.

0 Likes