Re: RX 6800 Black screen under load

Jump to solution

MSI Radeon 6900XT,   Reference design

0 Likes
cloudcard
Adept II

Jump to solution

@mackbolan777 I've tried reseating before it but I'll try again. These card dwarf my old 1080.

RMA has been confirmed though so this is my last weekend of troubleshooting till I send it into the retailer for testing.

Tried the latest AMD Chipset driver too with uninstall, Reinstall, DDU then Radeon Drivers. Still nothing.

When it runs, it's runs so well. Horizon Zero Dawn at High on 1440p is absolutely gorgeous. But as a hobbyist streamer I can't do what I wanted to do with this card. .

I might try and see if they'll replace it with a different brand of card. Unfortunately the Gigabyte cards are 2.9 slot so would block the slot I use for my 10Gbe card...

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Are you sure it would block that? I have a Sound Blaster Z installed below my GPU. I thought it might not fit with the red cover on, but it did with room to spare, just looked close. Now if you had an XT, or Red Devil, they are thick. Mine is also the Gigabyte RX 6800 Ultimate, not the Gaming OC, so it's ore or less a reference card, but for some reason it OC's higher than the OC model.... The model number is: GV-R68-16GC-B That one should fit ok.

"It worked before you broke it!"
Cslegacy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi,

I just bought a ASRock 6800, has happend on GTA 3 times

Running a thermtake 850w running each 8 pin seperate should i try both on the one cable

Thanks Mack for all the ideas to try will do that tomorrow 

0 Likes
cloudcard
Adept II

Jump to solution

@Cslegacy

Is it crashing outright or alongside other programs like Discord or a browser?

env888
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I am having an absolute nightmare with my new GPU.

This is so weird... At first the card was working let's say fine. Had some low 3D mark scores, but got to the bottom of it - had some features enabled that resulted in better quality (hopefully) but lower benchmark scores. Anyway I did numer of runs no problems. Then crashes in games got more and more frequent. I figured that was a bad OC or a card that can't handle any OC. Reverted to default specs, things run OKish - I could play Horizon/Civ6/Grid for call it up to an hour no problems. I figured drivers. Did a reinstall with AMD uninstall utility, even installed the recommended WHQL November drivers. Now nothing works! I mean nothing... the second I load any game or benchmark it crashes frame one (both on WHQL November drivers or January Beta drivers).

Even tried disconnecting the power cables and physically reinstalling the card. BIOS, chipset, Windows up to date...

1. Sapphire RX6800 Pulse
2. AMD 3700X Stock
3. Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro
4. 16GB Team Group Edition 3200MHz
5. Silverstone Strider ST70F-Ti Titanium

I've run out of ideas, I can't get my head around the fact that things were OKish before, but now it's a complete disaster. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
Cslegacy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Discord , brave open and GTA , probs 10 mins into a game, there is a firmware update for my ASRock 6800 I need to do and I need to adjust some of the power settings above I'm sure that will fix it has anyone had this problem on windows 7

0 Likes
Cslegacy
Adept I

Jump to solution

Here is a good video if people want to try changing there powerlimits and frequencys to help with power spikes etc https://youtu.be/rU_31-Z6om4

0 Likes
mypg0306
Adept I

Jump to solution

do you enable DOCP/XMP at ram rated speed?