cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kantt
Journeyman III

RX 6800 black screen occurs when recording gameplay or playing with instant replay enabled

Got my hand on this beast a week ago with my new build. Everything was fine until i decided to try some Radeon features such as gameplay recording and instant replay. Then i get random black screens in 20 to 30 minutes with those features on. I noticed that the gpu fans either stop completely or spin so fast and makes loud noises during blackened screen and i'll have to restart manually. But if don't turn on those features, i can play my games for long hours with zero issues. Could it be because i simply used my SSD and HDD with its OS and game files from my previous pc for this new build without formatting or re-installing windows ? All my parts are brand new except for the storage.
PC spec:
GPU: Asrock RX 6800 challenger pro,
CPU: R9 3900x @ stock,
RAM: Adapta Z1 8gb x2 3200mhz golden
PSU: Corsair PM850 gold,
MB: Asrock B550 extreme4Case:
phanteks p500a
Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes
3 Replies

If your previous pc was intel/nvidia, every chance many leftover files that will need cleaning out.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Gotnewpc
Journeyman III

I have some problem as you do. 

After updating:

- drivers

-bios

-vbios

I still have same problem, my pc is at the store atm they are trying to solve the problem if not I will try to refund and buy nvidia

0 Likes