cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

PBAzhar
Adept I

Re: RX 6800 Black screen/ No signal

Ok so ive done the RAM tests 0 errors, started the occ test and lose the signal. No Boost on CPU o GPU all default. I just dont know what to do anyomore. Should i do a fresh win10 install?

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Hi, 

(1). RE: Ok so ive done the RAM tests 0 errors
I know you ran MemTest86 pre-boot. 
So that means that passed o.k - which is good news for you. 
Looks like you ran it with RAM Speed set to 3200MHz. 

Did you purchase and run  Karhu Ram Test once you are in Windows?

(2). RE: started the occ test 

Not sure what you mean.

Do you mean the OCCT VRAM test or the PSU test?

Thanks.

PBAzhar
Adept I

Yes i dos the RAM tests and all fine and yeah my RAM is 3200 and not 3400 my bad.

On the occt test it just goes black the screen

colesdav
MVP

(1). Running the PassMark Memtest86 at 3200MHz is the correct starting point because that is the specification RAM speed for the processor. 

However if your Ram is speed grade of 3400MHz and your Motherboard spec says it can run RAM at 3400MHz and that is what you normally run at then you should set the VBIOS to run the RAM at 3400MHz and rerun the PassMark Memtest86 again pre-boot. 

(2). Did you buy Karhu Ram Test and run it in Windows? If so what was the result? 

(3). OK - so the OCCT VRAM Test results in a black screen. - Does that happen immediately?
Maybe it does not support RX 6800 GPU - there was a version released which had updates for recent AMD AGESA updates - which one are you running please?

I will check the very latest version still runs o.k. for me right now.

(4). Did you run OCCT Power Stability test? 

Thanks. 

colesdav
MVP

OCCT version V.7.1.0.b16 was installed on my PC.
I just ran the following OCCT VRAM tests with VRAM set to 95%  on the following GPUs.

Nvidia RTX 2080 OC. 
AMD RX Vega 64 Liquid. 

No screen blanking at all during the OCCT VRAM  test. 

I will try the latest version of OCCT next.

colesdav
MVP

OCCT V8.0.2 Runs fine on both of those GPU, no screen blanking at all during VRAM testing. 
Much better version of the tool. 
I am able to plot graphs of the internal GPU and VRAM power etc. 

colesdav
MVP

Latest OCCT Bete version (V8.1.0.b11) runs fine for me on those GPU. 
I checked in case you were running that. 

Next step - you should contact OCBASE and ask them if your GPU is supported by the tool.

support@ocbase.com

I think your GPU should be supported OK but I do not know. 

However you also need to rule out any Motherboard RAM memory bugs when you are in Windows.
I use Karhu Ram Test to do that as ity can test all available RAM in one go. 
In my case - if just running windows it can test ~ 60 of 64GB of RAM for errors. 

PassMark MemTest86 pre-boot is just the Green Light to say you are safe to run Windows 10 OS w/o messing up your Windows installaion. It does NOT mean you will not get any RAM memory errors when you are in Windows and idle, and deifinitely says nothing about what will happen when you are in Windows and running or gaming on a GPU. 

PassMark MemTest86 pre-boot does not test your GPU running in any GPU high power draw situation. 
Such as a VRAM Memory test ... for example the GPU Core alone on the RX Vega 64 Liquid is pulling over 150 W during that test. That power draw will cause is lots of electrical noise that could interfere with the RAM on the PC Motherboard.  So I run Karhu Ram Test at the same time to see if any memory errors are reported.

That is working fine on my PC as I test it now. 

The monitoring in OCCT looks pretty good, so you might want to run that w/o the VRAM Test just to watch what is happening w.r.t. GPU Power Draw for your card. 

Power information does it report for your GPU?

OCCT VRAM test for RX Vega 64 Liquid reports: 

-GPU Core Power. 
-GPU Memory Power.
-GPU Socket Power. 
-GPU PPT. 

Thanks.

PBAzhar
Adept I

My RAM is 3200 MHz not 3400 MHz that was by bad. All tests where fine. When i use the occt to Run the test it goes to black screen after 10, 15 seconds into the test. I used OCCT V8.0.2 .

Once i run the test it goes black screen after a few seconds, Also i have 1.4 DP cables connected.

Also theres on another forum here a guys saying its due to the monitors,

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx-6800-xt-black-screens-when-second-monitor-is-connected/m-p/...

PBAzhar_0-1617690119071.png

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

Thanks for the information. 

I am still not sure which test OCCT is failing on. 

Your picture shows it set to CPU test. 

Is it dying on OCCT CPU Test? Linpack? Memory? 3D? VRAM? Power? 

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
PBAzhar
Adept I

Im all of them i lose the monitors signal

Even if i do the AMD adrenalin stress test same thing