cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

PBAzhar
Adept I

Re: RX 6800 Black screen/ No signal

Yes i used ddu for the removal of drivers still ill try again the link you Gave there after work. About unpluging and pluging them again nothing happens nows. Ill let you know after if it worked

PBAzhar
Adept I

Well Im going to try again now and i will give the feedback in a while

PBAzhar
Adept I

IMG-20210404-WA0006.jpeg

No signal.

I put the Rxt 2070 all fine updated the BIOS just in case and Windows. Went to safe mode with the internet off used ddu and removed all drivers nvida and AMD. Turn on the PC no oc on CPU ir RAM. Turn off and install the AMD RX 6800 XT. Still no signal, the internet and freesync are off 

Nos all the sudden after a few restarts starded to work. Now ill have to update the adrenaline 2.0 but Im scared if i do ir will stop working.

IMG-20210404-WA0008.jpeg

colesdav
MVP

Do you have room to fit the Nvidia GPU back in on secondary PCiex16  Slot  just to get display output?
Then at least you could start to debug what is showing up in device manager...

PBAzhar
Adept I

UFF to tight this GPU os a beast its huge i even got a GPU bracket to help hold it in place

colesdav
MVP

OK - so it now works after a few restarts. 

Great news. 

Probably Microsoft Windows was looking for drivers to install on it. 

Check in device manager to see what drivers are currently installed. 

Either Microsoft basic display driver or Windows might have automatically installed an Adrenalin driver for you already. 

colesdav
MVP

In future it might be a good idea to get a USB3.0 to PCIEx16 mining adapter, or a PCIe X 16 extender or even an M.2-> PCIex16 gpu adapter so you can fit  another GPU in case the primary one does not work after driver updates. 

Really glad you got some display output now. 

Before proceeding further use gpedit to prevent Windows Update from installing device drivers and you might also want to go to Task Manager -> services and stop windows update completely.

So what does Device Manager show is installed for your GPU Display Adapters at present?

PBAzhar
Adept I

I had the internet off, so that would be wierd. The first time i installed the GPU i got image but then the no signal started and nothing i could do. I dazed how it started to work again. Ill have to put the CPU boost on and RAM because i have a 5600X and 32gb of Gskill 3400mhz of those AMD special ram.

But im scared to do it since after last time it was when the problems started

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

I would set the BIOS to default settings for CPU clock and RAM for now. 
Processor spec here. 
Supported guaranteed RAM speed is 3200MHz for that Ryzen 5 5600X. 

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-5600x

Motherboard spec might tell you you can run RAM at up to 3400MHz. 
But that does not mean it will work without lots of tuning of RAM Timings. 

Have you run PassMark MemTest86 pre-boot into Windows? 
Is your memory passing o.k. w/o any errors with your current BIOS settings? 

Thanks. 

colesdav
MVP

Cut this onto USB stick and run it preboot into windows. 
If you do not pass MemTest86 tests first, with your new GPU fitted, you are on a hiding to nothing. 
https://www.memtest86.com/

It will take time but it is worth it to get that working first before going any further. 

Thanks.