cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Serioussam
Journeyman III

Re: RX 6800 Black screen/ No signal

Hey, no I had zero clue what to do but to send it back. Had the luck to get a sapphire now which works fine.

I still don't know what it was, sorry.

kenkun77
Journeyman III

Thank you for sharing.

I just gave up .. MSI advised me that probably in my case the card could be defective.

Now i am RMAing the card back to Amazon and hunting for a new one 

Tags (1)
Coffeecat
Adept II

0 Kudos
floryn_9_2
Journeyman III

Hello guys,

Just both an RX6800 Red Devil for gaming and mining when i'm not home.  Removed the old rx5600xt to try some warzone and surprizeee, no booting, no signal. Tried another psu 1200w, not working, tried n times to insert better the card, who knows maybe i did it wrong. After 3 hours i tried extending the gpu with a riser that i had. Same motherboard slot as before but with riser. Guess what it works with riser but not in the original motherboard x16 slot. It's kinda messed up, and idk what to do with it.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

You're probably not getting that fat, card seated all the way down. The front can be tricky because the tabs need to seat into the case and if the front is up a tiny bit, no signal. I had to fight with my RX 6800 to get it to seat right but i saw the issue right away as I had the PC on it's side and had someone hold a super bright flashlight into the case so i could see the tabs on the card needed a little tweaking. Then it went down completely. It was a very slight bit, barely noticeable.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
ThisTragedy
Journeyman III

Hey There,

got my own Asus RX 6800 2 days ago and had the very same issue and tried the exacty same solutions.

But got it solved in the end, here's how:

System:

Core i3 9100f

Asus Prime H310m-A R2.0

Win 10 Pro

I even bought a new psu to make sure the Card got enough juice:

Ill just describe my last attempt, since I got it working that way, before that, i testet back-and-forth with my old gtx970 just to check that everything else is still working fine.

after each test i used  DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), since the old card is an nVidia- so i couldn't get my AMD driver pre-installed

so after bios update (yes, did that last),my screen was still black, but during the many restarts i noticed that my PC still seemed to boot, since it didnt turn off immediately, rather took ~ 10 seconds to turn off. i connected speakers to check for windows posting sounds, and see there, even got that. So basically my system bootet, Card had Fanspin, even got warm after a while, Monitor just didn't get a Signal, so I assumed driver issue.

Since Win 10 got that handy little feature to auto-download necessary drivers when detecting new hardware, i just connected my lan cable and waited.... 15 minutes (1Gbit connection) but didnt notice any changes... so i turned it off again... only to boot it one minute later out of sheer defiance

AND BEHOLD: Monitor turned on by itself and showed me post-screen.

so after Windows installed the necessary drivers, you just also need to reboot.

since then, worked like a charm. gaming, mining, no errors so far. i hope it stays that way

good luck with your card, in case you haven't returned it yet

0 Kudos
Newuser1
Adept I

Having same problems any one know how to refund i am getting frustrated paying 1k for a videocard which isn't working properly.

0 Kudos
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Return to vendor? RMA as defective and sell it. Or describe the issue in detail this time include your full PC specs. We might be able to help resolve the problem. Do make sure the card is fully seated in the slot, especially the front where the metal tabs need to go into the case slots.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Kudos
PBAzhar
Adept I

I got a ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming and i have the same issue.

PC:

CPU 5600x

MB Msi X570 Gaming WiFi Edge

RAM 32 gb gskill Trident z AMD version 

PSU: Evga G1 850w 80 gold full modular 

Só the monitors only turn on when they want.

2 Aopen 27 inch 144 mhz

I removed the drivers with the ddu program after installing everything and the new adrenaline it went black again.

Im lost and i would like to keep the GPU since they are so hard to get

0 Kudos
colesdav
MVP

1. What happens if you disconnect / reconnect display outputs?  

2. Have you tried connecting only 1 monitor during the install process? 

3. Try DDU and reinstall again following instructions here: 
https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/amd-driver-fix-and-install-using-ddu/m-p/426238
Note the point about disconnecting from the internet completely. 

0 Kudos