cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Re: RX 6800 black screen in dx12 and vulkan games

Try to play with the frequencies of the video card again, through amd adrenaline (the performance tab, manual configuration, manual configuration management, the GP configuration check box and the advanced management check box. do not touch the voltage, but reduce the minimum and maximum frequency, you can set the same value, only the maximum value will be set in the drain by default, reduce for example: (2400 mhz by 100 mhz to 2300 at least) and apply, you may have a different value)

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Perhaps, it is only possible that the problem may be not only in the driver for the video card, but in some update on windows 10. The behavior of the video card, as if it is removed or disappears from the system, as sometimes happens with hdd or usb flash drives. If there is such an opportunity to check the video card on another motherboard? Return the default settings of the amd adrenaline drivers. And turn off all the checkboxes in the video card tab, except that the frame rate control is set less than the monitor refresh rate. If nothing helps, then either wait for a new driver or hand over the card under warranty.(

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

I reinstalled windows but still crushes, lower clock speed, and fps limit dont work too. I will check this gpu on another pc in future because i cant at the moment. Thank you so much for all your help!

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Try the driver version 20.12.1 they write that there are no problems with a black screen in it, or this is a matter of a specific case) Watch the video on youtube (Ancient Gameplays) he makes comparisons of amd drivers there and read the comments, very interesting, maybe you will find a person with a similar problem as you have and ask what driver he uses)

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

I tried this driver, and that was worst driver for me. On this driver i had crashes even on dx11, probably because of this issue "Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.". In next version 21.1.1 their repair this issue and from this version all dx 11 games work stably.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

Well, then the problem is most likely the driver, if everything is worse with the old one, then it either wasn't fixed or didn't even try, all the options in the driver settings are disabled?

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

All options are disabled, i tried minimal install without adrenalin software too. I will problaby check this gpu on other pc tomorrow.

0 Likes
ansuu
Journeyman III

I tested it on other pc, and identical problem. This gpu is probabli broken. Both pc have pcie 3.0, it is posible this dont work because not pcie 4.0?

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

No, it is unlikely that it is broken, it's just that amd still can't fix this bug, despite the fact that some drivers seem to have fixes related to the black screen. Take the behavior of the video card on the smartphone camera, and hand over the video card under warranty, and take nvidia. Pci express 3 and 4 are backward compatible, they just have different data transfer speeds, the difference in tests is extremely small(1-2fps) Perhaps this is just my assumption that this problem occurs if both the processor and the video card are from amd, but these are just thoughts out loud, since there are mainly problems with this hardware configuration.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Adept II

If this goes on, Amd will simply go broke on video cards as they will be constantly changed because of this problem. Judging by the statistics of the steam pack, everything is bad for AMD. I myself recently switched to rx6900xt, before that there was a gtx1080ti, there are no problems with the pack, the only thing in some games is the performance of the card on 11directx is extremely bad, the card works from 60 to 80%, but I think this is a problem of the api itself, since rtx 3090 behave exactly the same. There are no problems in games on directx 12 and vulcan, the card works at 99% if the fps is not limited, so for now I am more than satisfied with the video card.

0 Likes