Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ansuu
Adept I

RX 6800 black screen in dx12 and vulkan games

Hello,

i have a problem with dx12 and vulkan games on RX6800. In games using these api appear random black screens. Games running on dx11 and dx9 works perfect. I tested on Star Wars Battlefront II and on dx12 mode this game causes black screen but when i switch this game to dx11 game works stable. Serious Sam 4 on vulkan causes black screens but on dx11 work stable. Cyberpunk 2077 on dx12 causes black screen. I tested some dx11 and dx9 games like Realm Royale, Paladins and Guild Wars 2 and all those games work stable. Black screen dont appear on gpu stress test, and desktop activities like web browsing.

If black screen appear pc dont respond but i hear sound few seconds, and i have to push power button for restart.

PC specs:

GPU: RX6800 Saphhire Reference

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x

Mobo: MSI B450-A PRO MAX

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x16GB

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750W

Radeon driver: 21.6.2, tested most older versions and same problem. On 20.12.1 driver dx11 games causes black screen too, but on newest drivers only dx12 and vulkan.

Anyone know some solusion for this problem?

44 Replies

I don't blame you. This is what I had to deal with. 

XFXRX6800QiCKthemalpaste.jpg

And what I'm currently using.

currentrefresh.jpg

0 Likes

Im instaled rtx 3070 in my pc, and all tested games are full stable, so my rx 6800 definitely was broken or drivers was crap.

0 Likes

you want to sell that RX 6800 ???

0 Likes

I dont have this card. Seller refunded me money, and taked it.

0 Likes

Wanted to give an update. Received a "new" 6900XT back from ASUS and am no longer having black screen issues. It seems it is a hardware issue as I was able to revert all my BIOS settings back to default and have had 0 issues with a black screen.

In the future, I'd recommend RMA if you can. I no longer think it's a drivers issue.

0 Likes