cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Joele
Adept I

RX 6750XT - AMD software has detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system

I've been having this problem since i've updated my BIOS due to AMD asking me to do so as i was talking with AMD about my GPU not performing as intended (ended up buying a new PSU, which will eventually arrive in a few days).

The problem i'm facing is basically this:

1. Start a game (i've tried with Sea Of Thieves because i mainly play that game)

2. After a random amount of time my game freezes

3. I won't be able to use my PC for a good 10 seconds

4. Black Screen appears with AMD Bug Report Tool showing up

5. The report says this: 
    AMD software has detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system

And so on over and over again. 
I have no clue, no idea at all of what to do to fix this problem. 
I've tried more than 20 tutorials on how to fix it, nothing has worked for me apparently.

I'd like to say that EVERYTHING in my PC is up to date, not even my Monitor Firmware is 1 day older than the last firmware update. 
I'm hoping that with the new PSU the problem will eventually disappear as i'm thinking it could be it, i don't know tho. 

The AMD Report Tool shows this: 

AMD Bug Report Tool 04_02_2023 02_02_37.png

My Specs are: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: MSI Mech 2x AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB GDDR6 OC Edition

MotherBoard: Asus Tuf Gaming B450 Plus II

Storage: Crucial SSD M.2 1TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz - 32GB (4x8GB)

Cooling System: Golden Field 240mm AIO Pump

Current PSU: EVGA 650W Bronze 80

New PSU: Asus ROG Strix 850 Gold 80+

As i was saying, ever since i've updated my BIOS i'm facing this problem. 
I've been playing for a month NO PROBLEM with the same GPU.

I've been facing another problem with the BIOS Update, in which in basically won't start my PC showing:

Detected ATA/ATAPI devices

after turning on my D.O.C.P. Profile (XMP, basically) so i could put my RAM from 2166Mhz to 3600Mhz.

The D.O.C.P. profile shows 3597Mhz speed, and it automatically change the RAM Frequency to 3600Mhz.
The moment i turn the RAM Frequency from 3600Mhz to any other speed, my PC will shut down, boot, shut down, boot and show the ATA/ATAPI error, and if i leave the RAM Frequency to be 3600Mhz, it'll work. 

Does this have anything to do with my recent crashes with my new GPU?

I've been struggling for 11 hours straight, now.
Didn't sleep trying to fix this problem, no success.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Joele
Adept I

So, after many hours of tests, I've found out it was only a Sea Of Thieves related problem as it had some issues in loading during high-loading session.

The only fix that worked for me was to run AMDCleanupUtility or DDU and go for a Clean Install of AMD Softwares, but not the Adrenaline Edition, instead the Pro Edition, as they appear to be more stable because of the developers using it to tests game and stuff in long-terms times. 

Tho, besides this, that helped me for 1 hour or 2, as the game itself had problems with my new BIOS Update. 
The trick was to run a file integrity check and the moment it gave me "No Problem Detected" i knew i had to uninstall and install Sea Of Thieves all over again since updates messed the game itself up for no reason. 
As for the RAM, it's just my new BIOS Update that will set them to the highest possible Mhz that my RAM can support without overclocking them. 

Hope this will help someone else. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Joele
Adept I

So, after many hours of tests, I've found out it was only a Sea Of Thieves related problem as it had some issues in loading during high-loading session.

The only fix that worked for me was to run AMDCleanupUtility or DDU and go for a Clean Install of AMD Softwares, but not the Adrenaline Edition, instead the Pro Edition, as they appear to be more stable because of the developers using it to tests game and stuff in long-terms times. 

Tho, besides this, that helped me for 1 hour or 2, as the game itself had problems with my new BIOS Update. 
The trick was to run a file integrity check and the moment it gave me "No Problem Detected" i knew i had to uninstall and install Sea Of Thieves all over again since updates messed the game itself up for no reason. 
As for the RAM, it's just my new BIOS Update that will set them to the highest possible Mhz that my RAM can support without overclocking them. 

Hope this will help someone else. 

0 Likes