cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

21vonLutjens
Adept I

RX 6700 XT Reboot and Crashing while Gaming/Underload

Hello guys, i got a problem with my PC its always reboot and crash while playing games. My PC Spec : Ryzen 5 4500, 16 Gb DDR4, RX 6700 XT, Corsair CV 750. I just upgrade my PSU from 550 to 650 to 750 but still have same issue. I was monitor the temp is under 70 C, watt usage for GPU is under 150, i think Corsair CV 750 is enough to power my PC. Its on stock, no OC on GPU or any components. Last time i used RX 6600 with 550 watt its completly normal but when upgrade to RX 6700XT, i have this problem. Anyone can help me? Thx a lot

0 Likes
1 Solution
21vonLutjens
Adept I

Few weeks after, i manage to solve the problem i just undervolt the GPU without underclock after that seems normal no problem at all. I m playing Hogwart Legacy run smoothly no issue after that. Thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
papvas
Adept I

Are you using the latest drivers? In which occasion is this happening? are you playing and alt + tab with a browser and a video playback like youtube in the background or something similar? I don't believe the power supply is the issue. Lastly is the reboot happening automatically or do you get a blue screen or a black screen or a system hang needing to reboot manually?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
= R5 5600 = 6700XT = B450 = 16Gb@3000Mhz = 750W =
0 Likes

I am on lastest drivers, and its purely on gaming i am not opening any background apps. Its black screen and hang and automaticly reboot. Oh yeah and also i got notification Radeon Wattman in amd app, its not overheating i tuned fan so keep my GPU temp under 70 C, my cpu its not overheat too i'm using watercooling AIO so its impossible to overheat.

0 Likes
papvas
Adept I

Long shot but worth a try. I also have 6700 xt the msi 2x MECH model. I experienced black screens when gaming with the latest drivers, while I had chrome open or apps with hardware acceleration ON like Discord or Spotify. I don't know if it will resolve your issue as well but give it a try.

1)Disable hardware acceleration on your apps

2)try to Undervolt and Underclock your card through Radeon software. Go for like 1100mV on voltage and 2350MHz on the Clock.

see if it improves stability in games and avoid crashes or black screens

0 Likes

I crash when i was play Forza Horizon 5 with max setting all of it, its reach 120-150 watt in game just 15 minutes its crash, but 8 hours ago i played game called uboat i max all setting and play it more than 2 hours its fine, its reach 190-200 watt in game but its not crash. Last thing i did DDU and reinstall new driver for GPU, but i not sure it was driver problem. its uptodate last time

0 Likes
21vonLutjens
Adept I

Today i got the same exact problem, the GPU is crash and rebooting after i am playing CoD MW2 2022 on max setting in game. I forgot to mention i am using entry level Mobo Asus A320 MK Prime  and 16 Gb DDR4 from Lexar is that maybe the problem? 2 days ago its running smooth and fine but right now the problem comeback and i already undervolt and underclock but still restarting

0 Likes

You can't know with certainty if it's a motherboard or a ram problem. With trial and error, you can only pinpoint the issue with components by replacing the ram with another kit and a motherboard with another lying around if you have a spare same goes for your PSU. If you don't have extra components that's not an option. Nevertheless, a new driver is out 23.2.1 if you haven't tried already.

1)Check to see if you can update to the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard

(AM4 - A320 - 4.11.15.342)

Apart from that another thing to try, download MSI afterburner, on settings disable ULPS

0 Likes

i asked into a differnt forum and people they said its the PSU but i just wanna make sure i tired changing PSU again and again just for run my PC to max perfomance. I did upgrade into newest driver and still have this issue. its annoying enough i cant play in peace and i am kinda desperate and thinking to sell everything

0 Likes
papvas
Adept I

out of curiosity what's your CPU temp? I know you said it's not possible because it's water-cooled but it might not be the GPU maybe the CPU cooler is not sitting right on the CPU letting it overheat and reach the junction temperature maybe that's why your Computer is crashing and rebooting Also undervolt and underclock the CPU too. Monitor your CPU temps as well. If you want to make sure that the GPU is 100% the issue, try another GPU on your system if you have one to replace and see if the issue persists if it does then it's not the GPU probably but if not then maybe indeed is the GPU

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I ran and now my daughter runs the MSI 6700XT Mech 2x OC on her x570 Steel Legend, 5900x, 2x16GB 3600 OLOY, EVGA GQ 850wtt 80+ Gold, Win11 box hooked up to 2 x ASUS 24" 1080p 144hz 1ms old monitors

She plays Forza Horizon 5, Destiny 2, Rocket League primarily .. I never had issues, neither does she

The Corsair CV 750 is a pretty mediocre PSU at best .. I always recommend getting a PSU that can MORE than handle your system when under 100% load (to handle transient power spikes) with an 80+ Gold or better rating as well. IF you are daisychaining your power connector to power your GPU , that puts extra strain on that particular rail ..strain that it doesn't seem to be handling all to well... 

Make sure your GPU is seated properly

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your PSU to each power input on your GPU (don't daisy chain)

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

Make sure  you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com 

Make sure  you have adequate airflow thru your case .. you have to keep your VRM's and RAM cool too. The extra heat coming off of your 6700XT might be affecting those components

Interesting video on Transient Power Spikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRyyCsuHFQ

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

My GPU seated properly, BIOS Motherboard already up to date based on ASUS driver and also the windows, i already update AM4 Chipset from AMD, i have adequate airflow cause my side panel is wide open (the glass shattered T_T). I dont understand about this "running separate power cables from your PSU to each power input on your GPU", GPU power cable is specific 6+2 x 2 and its well managed. I am suspecting form transient power spikes and my room voltage is not too stable so i buy new PSU 850 Gold but its on the way. 4-5 days ago i didnt find any trouble cause i am playing game not on high or ultra graphic  but on medium its seem fine. I ll inform is my new PSU arrive and i ll see the result. Thanks for all Answer you give

0 Likes

one video on the subject of running separate power cables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7KIVI_hJg

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I did change my PSU to Bitfenix Whisper 850 Gold and still have the problem, i start thinking is my GPU is faulty, i ll try in my friend PC and see the result.

0 Likes
PREBITA
Adept II

Hi,

I mounted a new pc 2 months ago (with socket AM5) and I'm having the same issue (check event viewer to see if OS show you the issue, in my case is KERNEL-POWER)

I tried everything related with software for 1 month and nothing happened. One day I moved DP to IGPU and my pc didn't reboot. After that I tried with another GPU (of one friend, 3080 rog strix) and didn't have issues playing.

I'm fighting the RMA because the store only tested the GPU with furmark and it doesn't generates any issue, is only in gaming

Regards,

Agustin

edit: GPU 6700XT PowerColor

0 Likes
21vonLutjens
Adept I

Few weeks after, i manage to solve the problem i just undervolt the GPU without underclock after that seems normal no problem at all. I m playing Hogwart Legacy run smoothly no issue after that. Thanks for all your help guys i really appreciate.

Hello man !

I've the same problem for a mate who've the same GPU.
Can you tell me how often you've undervolt, and what's your clock freq ?

TY in advance

0 Likes

I did undervolt once and just using smart undervolt (autoundevolt by AMD Software) and my clock GPU is base clock 2330/2548/2622 MHz (Basic/Game/Boost), but i think it didnt reach game/boost clock cause undervolting.

0 Likes
james85
Journeyman III

In the competition Yahoo GMail vs Xmail competing in the email service arena, the choice between them hinges on their respective features and capabilities. While Yahoo Mail enjoys widespread usage, Xmail, spearheaded by Elon Musk, presents a fresh alternative in the email landscape. To decide between Yahoo and Xmail, explore their features thoroughly and determine which aligns better with your preferences and needs. It's akin to selecting between two authentic options for managing your emails. Ultimately, the decision rests on the individual user's priorities and requirements, shaping their preference between Yahoo and Xmail for their email communication needs.

0 Likes