cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PeNiCo
Adept I

Rx 6700 xt no video signal - black screen

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I signed up to look for a solution to the following problem:
I bought the amd rx 6700 xt graphics card.
I connect it, install the latest drivers (adrenaline version 21.4.1) but halfway through the installation I hear that the card "detaches" (sound of device removed), the screen goes black and there is no video signal (the HDMI symbol appears on the screen).
This is usually normal in video card installations, but I waited half an hour and the screen remains black and no video signal.
The really weird thing is that I have been testing and testing for days, reinstalling windows 10, all motherboard drivers, etc., and SOMETIMES the video card works.
I managed to get it working several hours after a few windows reboots, other times after reinstalling the drivers, other times by disabling and re-enabling the video card in safe mode.
But every time I turn off the PC and come back a few hours later or the next day, the video card no longer works.
Currently I am able to turn on the pc, I arrive at the windows loading screen but, just before the password entry screen, the screen goes black and there is no video signal.

If anyone could help me ..... thank you from my heart!

PS: my configuration is as follows
ASUS ROG STRIX B-550 F GAMING motherboard (bios updated to version 2201)
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 processor
AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT video card (XFX partner)
ssd 120gb CRUCIAL BX500 (with Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2)
ssd nvme m.2 500gb SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS
CORSAIR RM650 power supply (650 Watt)

1 Solution
PeNiCo
Adept I

Hi everyone,
I am writing because I have finally solved my problem!
I did all the software tests that I had written, and others that were indicated to me by AMD customer service, but nothing... So I tried to change hardware components (more powerful power supply, 850 W, and ram increase from 16 to 32 gb), but still nothing. The solution came, incredibly, by simply changing the hdmi cable with a new hdmi 2.1 cable (costing € 14). I'm not sure it will solve your problems too, but I advise everyone to try replacing the cable first because it is the easiest and fastest thing, and because it worked for me !!! Good luck

View solution in original post

18 Replies
oakev
Adept I

I got he same black screen issue , nothing shows up on the screen when I’m using this 6700xt

oakev
Adept I

I got he same black screen issue , nothing shows up on the screen when I’m using this 6700xt

0 Likes

I unchecked the secure boot, the every thing works now

how did you do? from the bios? I entered the bios, found "secure boot" but I can't disable it, just choose between "uefi mode" and "other OS", and it's already set to "other OS". I also tried to delete the preset registry keys but nothing changes.

0 Likes

No , it doesn't solve anything.

0 Likes

I have the same issue with a Sapphire Pulse RX 7600 black screen I can't even get into the UEFI/BIOS on my Asus B550 Gaming-A MB I also tried on an MSI Tomahawk with the same thing... Just the VGA error LED with 2 beeps... I'm running a Ryzen 5 5600X... The MB and the GPU are brand new!!!

0 Likes
bobstefanio
Adept I

I had the same issue today after updating the graphics driver recently my computer booted then my monitor when into power save mode after the bios, I entered safe mode uninstalled all AMD stuff and then installed the last driver 21.3.2 and its all working again something is up with the latest driver I think. 

0 Likes
bobstefanio
Adept I

I had the same issue today after updating the graphics driver recently my computer booted then my monitor when into power save mode after the bios, I entered safe mode uninstalled all AMD stuff and then installed the last driver 21.3.2 and its all working again something is up with the latest driver I think. 

0 Likes
bobstefanio
Adept I

I am having a similar Issue every day After I turn on my PC I get the bios post screen then the screen goes blank. If I boot into safemode or start the computer with the onboard graphics of the mobo I can see that the driver no longer works or is recognised by the AMD software, I uninstall it and re-install it and I am good until I shut down and turn it back on the next day. Really annoying and worrying. 

0 Likes
PeNiCo
Adept I

Hi everyone,
I am writing because I have finally solved my problem!
I did all the software tests that I had written, and others that were indicated to me by AMD customer service, but nothing... So I tried to change hardware components (more powerful power supply, 850 W, and ram increase from 16 to 32 gb), but still nothing. The solution came, incredibly, by simply changing the hdmi cable with a new hdmi 2.1 cable (costing € 14). I'm not sure it will solve your problems too, but I advise everyone to try replacing the cable first because it is the easiest and fastest thing, and because it worked for me !!! Good luck

Hi guys,

I’m using Rog Strix RX6700XT , I had experienced my ‘black screen’ thing since last 2 week ago. I found the solution is to change all the games from “window borderless” to “fullscreen” then problem solve.

TQ

0 Likes

For me I find my solution elsewhere. I would get constant black screens every stress test. For me what solved it is there is a little black switch next to the power input. Flipped it to the left and poof. Runs like a dream. Don’t know what it dose. No clue really. Solved my issue tho. Hope this helps someone in need!

That switch is your bios switch. Your model of 6700xt has a dual bios switch. it has this so that you can OC or apply hotfixes as needed. 

0 Likes

I was also having this problem with my XFX Speedster QICK 319 AMD Radeon RX 6700XT. I had the red led lit up on my GPU and the VGA light on my mobo. When I wiggled the wires the red led indicator would vanish, denoting that its most likely a power issue. I fixed this by replacing my GPU power cable from my power supply. If you can wiggle it and see the light go away momentarily then it's most likely a power issue. replace power supply or power supply wires to gpu if its fully modular.  Hope that this helps someone. If you have any questions about this particular GPU and I may be able to help, so ask away. 

Hi! I have a Gigabite 6750 XT GPU. But i only get a black screen and no signal. I't doens't even see it. Can someone please help I tried everything. DDU , putting it on legacy in the bios instead of UEFI. And taking it out a lot of times. I hope someone can help me! I-5 9600K cpu 750 Watt psu, Z390 elite Gigabite mobo

0 Likes

connect a display to the motherboard gpu and when windows loads, enable the display connected to gpu

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes

Did you ever find a fix?

0 Likes

That's a sad story. Such trivial solution.

ryzen 5600 + 6700 XT
0 Likes