cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

matteoandkoda
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT inconsistent clock speeds.

I just got a reference RX 6700 XT yesterday and have been having lots of issues with it. I upgraded from a GTX 970, and so far, I've gotten worse performance after upgrading in most of the games I play. The only game that actually got better was Apex Legends, I've gotten less fps in Valorant, though still consistent. Fortnite has better FPS but has very bad stuttering, to the point where it is almost unplayable. After some monitoring I realized this is a problem with clock speeds. In Valorant, it stays around 1900 mhz, far off the promised 2400-2500, and in Fortnite it with constantly dip down to 350ish mhz (causing the stutters). I've tried reinstalling drivers multiple times, I used DDU correctly, but nothing has worked. Does anyone know of a fix? 

Other specs are:

Ryzen 5 3600

B450 Carbon Max Wifi

16 gb 3200 mhz RAM

RM750x PSU

0 Likes
3 Replies

If your using low graphics settings then the card will only boost to what it needs.

And the 2400/2500 is not 'promised', it is 'up to' (and game/settings dependent). 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I'm using max settings on all games mentioned, although I'm fairly sure that's not how it works. The GPU doesn't just decide that 180 frames (for example) is enough, and doesn't boost higher to push more. It pushes as many as it can, unless a number specified by the user. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen that happen.

0 Likes
radeonlover
Journeyman III

i had the same issue in a few games with rx 6700 xt.

i found a fix that worked for me first off set min clock to 2700 set max clock to 2800 set memory clock to max set power to max set fan speed to high for a profile for that game in radeon software save and launch game from radeon software page.

once game starts open task manager and select details find your games exe and right click on it choose set affinity and then disable CPU 0 the top two boxes then should be unchecked close task manager and open game and you should be able to play just fine. 

0 Likes