cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Rony80
Adept II

RX 6700 XT bad performance

hello, I have poor performance in games, fps go down and screen flashes, gpu usage is also low. I have clean windows 10, updated drivers, try a lot of things but nothing works

PC

I5 10400 F

2X8 16GB 3200

RADEON RX 6700 XT

SSD SAMSUNG EVO

PSU 750W 80 + BRONZE

Please help me !!I have locked now the fps but the performance is still bad in all the gamesI have locked now the fps but the performance is still bad in all the games

14 Replies
Rony80
Adept II

Please AMD?

0 Likes

now it works much better, in 1080 the cpu usage is very low, switch to 1440 and now if

OFFICIAL TERMS OF USE and TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

AMD Community Forum

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum.

0 Likes
Tajg918
Adept I

First thing I always do when I update AMD software (or if it crashes) is to make sure Zero RPM is disabled and adjust my GPU Fan Speeds so my GPU doesn't over heat. In New World, I have Max FPS Uncapped, Player Nameplate at 20, Cap FPS in Background On, Dynamic Resolution Scaling Off and everything is on Medium.

Tajg918_0-1638723247703.png

Tajg918_1-1638723273825.png

Tajx
0 Likes

if yesterday modify the RPM the gpu heats up much less but makes much more noise, you get a good balance between fresh and little noise¿

MacArthur
Adept III

hi @Rony80 

I have a problem similar to your problem with :
rx 6900xt avg temp at games 70c(2000RPM)

cpu : i9 9900kf avg temp at games 60c

motherboard : ASUS TUF Z390 gaming plus WIFI

2t ssd NVMe ( all games instaled )

480 g ssd ( for windows )

16x2 ram 3000mhz cl 16

windows 11 64bit

PSU 800w Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.12.1

monitor 2k (2560x1440p) 165hz DP port
After several checks, I realized that old games do not use the full power of the graphics card, for example, I use only 30% of my graphics card in the game left 4 dead 2
It seems that the new generation graphics cards with only DX12 and vulkan reach 90% of functionality
For example, in the game cyberpunk 2077 and control my graphics card reach to 99% usage
Try to raise resolution scale in the game, of course in the rest of the games

I'm in the new world I have a problem like you

You have to realize that open world games are very CPU demanding. Especially at 1080p. If your GPU does not reach 100%, this may be due to a number of things.

-FPS is capped (Vsync, ingame settings)
-CPU bottleneck
-GPU or CPU thermal throttling.

When i look at you image i see that all cores running 50% @60FPS. Thats more likely you are hitting CPU bottleneck.
Cranking up the resolution will decrease CPU demand because there are less FPS to eat.

yes, when i change to 1440p the graphics card usage 98% and much better than 1080p, but have stuttering and is not good experience, many people  adn many post have this problem and AMD no help....

0 Likes

Do you have this in any game or only "New world"?(i assume the image is new world?)
Because "New World" is very CPU demanding and is more an issue from the game itself. (i don't play it myself)

There are many New World optimization guides you can look for.

i try with many games and all have stuttering

0 Likes

@Rony80  

Turn off free sync on your monitor and then turn on V-sync in the game to help reduce stuttering!
Let me know if it works.

best regards-from iran 

0 Likes

it does not work, I have already tried all those options and many more and everything remains the same

@Rony80  

It was somewhat effective for me, but I still stutter in some games

Do not worry, this is not a hardware problem and can be solved with just one driver, but where is driver !

0 Likes

yes... im waiting i hope soon

0 Likes