cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

VEL150
Journeyman III

RX 6700 XT all games stuttering

Recently I upgraded from rtx3050 to rx6700xt.

Completely uninstalled old drivers using DDU. Installed the latest recommended AMD drivers.
The first game I tried was Quake Champions. I was immediately embarrassed that the game automatically prompts me to set all the graphics settings to "low" (except for the quality of the textures). I manually set - "high". In the game, the FPS jumps from 100-200 (I did not get any increase relative to 3050) and, most importantly, there are constant micro lags.
I tried a number of other games - apex, dota, gta5. Micro lags in all games!

I have tried older amd drivers, only windows driver, turn on turn off various adrenaline settings - nothing helps

Everything worked fine with 3050

This is the last AMD card I bought...

sorry for my english

19 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Do you have any monitoring software running in the background?

I had micro stutters when Asus GPU Tweak was installed..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
HateAMDNow
Adept I

Same here. Upgraded from a GTX 1060 to a RX6700XT and I've never suffered so much. Constant black screens and crashes! Adrenalin is the biggest pile I've ever seen.

Never gonna buy an AMD GPU again!

nechana
Adept II

Same here, probably drivers problem, i upgraded from 3070Ti to 6900XT, biggest mistake. FPS are lower then with 3070Ti and stuttering, fans ramp up radomly etc. I tried everything, older drivers, reinstall system etc. Try set maximum and (-100MHz) minimum Core freqency in WattMan in Andenalin this help a little.

0 Likes

And use only 22.5.1 drivers, its most stable.

0 Likes

bro doesnt even know fans ramp up as the brand u have choosen which probably works with nvidia too like asus lol

0 Likes
VEL150
Journeyman III

Launching Civilization 6 - 

"failed to set graphics accelerator settings, please set graphics settings manually"

obviously the games can't tell the power of my system. But why, they don't know what rx6700xt is?)

0 Likes
DJOW
Adept I

Have you formatted the computer? And good to format it when changing video card!

I use a 6700XT from Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT NITRO+, 12GB, GDDR6, FSR, Ray Tracing, everything runs smooth here, only Warzone that crashes sometimes! Update your Bios and CPU drivers as well as your AMD DRIVER CHIPSET.config.jpg

My configuration, XPG Core Reactor, 850W, 80 Plus Gold Modular, 32GB of RAM with 4000 MHz.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

6700xt here,  maybe every 15 days my games will start to crash and after ddu and fresh gpu driver install all works good next 15-20 days and problem will comeback. Did you experience that?

Maybe windows updates destroy my drivers but I did disable driver updates but maybe windows can ignore that.

Yes, sometimes Windows takes over the video driver and doesn't open Adrenaline, I have to install everything again, but it's just Warzone that I have problems! lock just exit using the command, CTRL + ALT , tab and exit profile

Anonymous
Not applicable

caldera not smooth as small maps for you too?  can you tell me numbers in your adv_options.ini file?

version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.7
RendererWorkerCount = 8
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 1

If I set VideoMemoryScale higher warzone will have short freezing on all maps.

0 Likes

version = 1
VideoMemoryScale = 0.85
RendererWorkerCount = 12
ConfigCloudStorageEnabled = 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you screenshot in warzone display and quality settings under graphics option? did you oc your gpu?

0 Likes

Im sorry, I can't really agree. Last time I formated my computer was:

• Still running windows 7
  • Had a ssd instead of a nvme 
  • Had other board and was running DD3
  • 3 Graphics Cards ago

So.. You dont really need to format, its tough but possible. Just take good care of your OS. 

This is also an attestation that AMD hardware is not that unstable or incompatible like lots of people say it is.

PS: it was 2014, AMD just released the 240gb SSD (OCZ brand)

Screenshot_20220921-003235.png

The Englishman
0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

MorePowerTools + GPU-Z
Gpu-Z = Save ROM to file
MorePowerTools = load ROM ==> Features ==> Disable by priority:
1) GFXOFF = turn off disabling GPU core when load is too low
2) DS_GFXCLK = Deep Sleep GFX Clock = Turn off lowering GPU core clocks below minimum (well for you it will likely be 2250 mHz or so). Don't worry, even at idle it will only eat 11-13W compared to 6 with ULPS being ON
3) BACO (it is basically ULPS in truest form. BACO is short for Bus Active, Chip Off as a low-power mode whereby most of the GPU is shut-off during idle periods in order to drastically cut the power consumption of the graphics card. BACO is also known as AMD ZeroCore Power mode)
4) Other DS_XXXXXX lines. They are not as important as DS_GFXCLK, though. 

This will likely help you with your extremely low load, cpu bound games. 

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried running commands to see if your OS is okay? 

I recommend running COMMANDPROMPT as administrator and running SFC /SCANNOW to see if your file system is corrupt. 

Also check if your Windows is okay running POWERSHELL as administrator and run

DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CHECKHEALTH 

DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /SCANHEALTH

DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH

Doing this would rule out a problem with your operating system.

You say you used DDU to remove all Nvidia drivers, what AMD Driver version are you running?

22.5.1 is recommended the rest are optional meaning they are not heavily tested yet. 

AMD Radeon™ RX 6700 XT Drivers & Support | AMD

I have issues with some games when Freesync or Adaptive Sync is enabled so you could try disabling it in Adrenaline both under Display and in the Adrenaline Gaming settings for the specific games that are having problems. 

Can you list your PC specs make and model?

MOBO

CPU 

GPU

RAM

DRIVES

PSU 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did notice constant micro lags only when I play caldera in warzone and other games are ok. Dota 2 and apex will have spike or two in start of match but after that they are smooth and warzone is smooth on small maps.

0 Likes

Yeah, it is mostly engine related issues. 
And Anti-lag doesn't work that well for Warzone, causing random deep dips 

0 Likes
Zolex
Adept III

@VEL150 wrote:

Recently I upgraded from rtx3050 to rx6700xt.

Completely uninstalled old drivers using DDU. Installed the latest recommended AMD drivers.
The first game I tried was Quake Champions. I was immediately embarrassed that the game automatically prompts me to set all the graphics settings to "low" (except for the quality of the textures). I manually set - "high". In the game, the FPS jumps from 100-200 (I did not get any increase relative to 3050) and, most importantly, there are constant micro lags.
I tried a number of other games - apex, dota, gta5. Micro lags in all games!

I have tried older amd drivers, only windows driver, turn on turn off various adrenaline settings - nothing helps

Everything worked fine with 3050

This is the last AMD card I bought...

sorry for my english

Seems Like your system is equipped with an older CPU and is bottlenecking the system.
What CPU do you have?

0 Likes
crownlesskream
Journeyman III

disable 6700xt's very very 'special' settşngs like rsr

0 Likes