Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

VENIO44
Journeyman III

Rx 6700(non xt)fps drop

Hallo guys I’m new in community.

I bought an rx 6700 (non xt) and when I unboxed the box, while it was sealed, the top card didn't have the jelly that it should have (this was just for information because I was afraid it wasn't used, but after searching on the internet I found out that it happened to someone else too)
In order not to say too much and get to my topic (for example, I play pubg and from low to ultra settings I have an average of 75 fps and hardly above 100) I have watched countless videos and I have made many and many settings (overclock gpu, I have experiment with power, different settings in regedit) my system is gigabyte b450m-2x 8gb 2666mz ddr4-2 ssd 250 gb-psu seasonic 750w 80+bronze-ryzen 5 3400g-asus tuf vg27aq1a 2k
What I found out is that my problem is with the cpu. If this is indeed the problem, would there be an improvement if I overclocked the cpu? And if not, is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
vishvajit
Adept III

The performance issue you're experiencing in your computer could be due to the limitations of your CPU, which may not be powerful enough to handle the demanding requirements of certain games, such as PUBG. Overclocking your CPU could potentially improve its performance, but it also increases the risk of stability issues and potential damage to your system, as well as voiding your warranty. Before attempting to overclock your CPU, you should make sure your cooling solution is adequate and capable of handling the additional heat generated by overclocking. Additionally, you should research the process thoroughly, understand the risks involved, and follow recommended guidelines to ensure a safe and stable overclock.

Another option to consider is upgrading your CPU to a more powerful model that better matches the requirements of the games you want to play. You can also consider adding more system memory (RAM), upgrading your graphics card to a more powerful model, or both, to help improve overall system performance. Keep in mind that these upgrades may also require a more powerful power supply and a compatible motherboard. Before making any upgrades, make sure to research the compatibility of the components with your system and verify that they are within the requirements of your power supply.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
vishvajit
Adept III

The performance issue you're experiencing in your computer could be due to the limitations of your CPU, which may not be powerful enough to handle the demanding requirements of certain games, such as PUBG. Overclocking your CPU could potentially improve its performance, but it also increases the risk of stability issues and potential damage to your system, as well as voiding your warranty. Before attempting to overclock your CPU, you should make sure your cooling solution is adequate and capable of handling the additional heat generated by overclocking. Additionally, you should research the process thoroughly, understand the risks involved, and follow recommended guidelines to ensure a safe and stable overclock.

Another option to consider is upgrading your CPU to a more powerful model that better matches the requirements of the games you want to play. You can also consider adding more system memory (RAM), upgrading your graphics card to a more powerful model, or both, to help improve overall system performance. Keep in mind that these upgrades may also require a more powerful power supply and a compatible motherboard. Before making any upgrades, make sure to research the compatibility of the components with your system and verify that they are within the requirements of your power supply.