Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

potsep21
Journeyman III

RX 6650 XT Upgrade Issues Causing Game Crashes

Hello,
    I'm experiencing difficulties after upgrading from an Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti to an AMD GPU. I'm encountering various problems with the software provided by AMD, as well as random graphical glitches. Initially, I believe the issue may have been due to improper driver uninstallation on my part. For example, in League of Legends, the Radeon anti-lag overlay in the top right corner of the screen would flicker on and off, resulting in low FPS. Additionally, the AMD overlay would sometimes remain open and refuse to close while I was playing a game.

Now, let's get to my main problem: Euro Truck Simulator 2. The game frequently crashes when I perform certain actions, such as opening the map, selecting a job from the factory instead of the game menu, or accessing the service location to maintain or upgrade my truck. When I check the crash log of the game, it points to a specific AMD DLL as the cause of the crash:

Fault address: 00007FFD0E61185F 0001:000B085F C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0392410.inf_amd64_db8e7eec2f31b31d\B392251\amdxx64.dll

I posted about this issue on the SCS Forums, and they mentioned that the driver might be the culprit. In response, I performed a clean installation of the driver using the AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalled the game. Unfortunately, this hasn't resolved the problem I'm currently facing. The reason im creating a post here aswell is I dont know where else to go find help to fix the problem Im havving. I think at this point I tried everything there was to try before having to format my drives.I'm reaching out here because I've exhausted all other options and I'm unsure where else to seek help. Formatting my drives is a last resort that I'd like to avoid if possible.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I'm eager to enjoy the game with my friends, especially since I recently purchased a steering wheel. However, the frequent crashing is becoming increasingly frustrating.
0 Likes
0 Replies