Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raytracing10x
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT 1+ minute long load times in CSGO

• Hello,
    after I have upgraded from a Sapphire Pulse RX 5500 XT 8G to a Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT 8G, I experience long loading times in CSGO of over 1 minute (65 seconds) (in the 'Initializing world...' part), where it was only ~15 seconds with the RX 5500 XT. Nothing else has changed in my system. I read a suggestion that adding "-disable_d3d9ex" to launch options and setting Model textures to "low" could help, but that unfortunately doesn't work for me (and one shouldn't need to do that anyway). After more searching I found that adding this could help: "nod3d9ex -cl_forcepreload 1 +fps_max 60", but that unfortunately also doesn't help.

I also noticed my desktop needs like 10 seconds to load up and there was no such problem with my RX 5500 GPU, only with the RX 6600 XT, maybe related.

Anyone else experiencing long loading times in CSGO with a RX 6000 series GPU?

My system:
  • OS: Arch Linux, latest: AUR: kernel 5.14-rc6, mesa-git/lib32-mesa-git 21.3.0_devel, linux-firmware-git
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT
  • 5600X
  • B450 Tomahawk, latest stable BIOS (same problem with latest beta BIOS)
  • 16GM RAM, dual channel
  • 256GB MLC Samsung SSD
22 Replies
otarra
Journeyman III

Confirming same problem. CS:GO loading maps very long, about ~1.5 minutes. Usually stuck on 'initializing world...' or 'retrieving server info...'

Hardware: Gigabyte RX 6600 XT EAGLE, Ryzen 5600X, 16Gb RAM.

Replacing RX 6600 XT with GTX 1080 or RX 5700 XT fixes long CS:GO load times.

0 Likes

This is the same bug i described here: KLICK 

I reported this to AMD twice, they saif they would look into this issue, but this was quite a long time ago now. Until now, nothing changed and it is not even listed as a known bug.

I am not very confident that this will be fixed soon... really thinking about switching back to Nvidia.

I have reported this issue a third time now with a link to this thread. If you search for csgo loading problem AMD in Google, you will find several more current threads with the exact same issue.

The issue seems gone for me for a while, likely since last December AMD Adrenalin Driver update.

0 Likes

I am also having this issue....I had the GTX 1660 and switched to the RX 6600 and my CSGO map load times went from under 20 seconds to over 1 minute.  How can the "better" GPU perform worse and AMD sit back and do nothing about it???  I'm going back to Nvidia.

This helped me: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/csgo/comments/kv0q2d/csgo_stuck_on_retrieving_server_info_after/

Basically: 

After lot of tries (many many....) I found a way to have it work properly. I noticed that the use of the launch option "-disable_d3d9ex" doesn't block anymore the map loading from the second map on - but then it crashes when starting the game. Then when I set the graphic parameter "Model / Texture detail" to "Low" all is working nicely.

So "-disable_d3d9ex" and "Model / Texture detail" to "Low" solved for me

( I tried for sure to reinstall dx9 but didn't help)

0 Likes

I wouldn't call it "working properly" but it's a solution for those who are OK with playing on low settings....I play 4:3 stretched on low settings anyways so I can confirm that adding the -disable_d3d9ex to the launch options along with low settings has my maps back to normal in terms of load times.....However, I have had a couple crashes where the game acts funny if I go into the menu and closes out but other than that,  it's better.

Hello from Germany. i have the same problem. disable_d3d9ex and screwing down the details solved the problem. Is there anything new from AMD? It can't be that it doesn't work the normal way.

0 Likes

It seems to be better with the latest driver release / game updates, as it does not take ages to load (but is still slower than a Nvidia-powered machine).

I did not get any feedback from AMD, nor is the problem listed as a known bug.

0 Likes

Get the update from today, it totally fixed the issue for me!!! Thank you @StarGeneral for bumping the thread and letting me know! 

scrap my above comment it's improved but still delayed on joining a game for the second time round 

-disable_d3d9ex can't fix it for me, but without it my game crashes and won't start at all

Still same, very annoying....

0 Likes
fe11a
Journeyman III

I am also having the same issue with 1+ minute load times after loading one map after installing my 6600 XT. Have any other temporary solutions been found other than the "-disable_d3d9ex" one?

0 Likes

@fe11a Did the -disable_d3d9ex work for you? There is no other known solution.

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the solution with setting the -disable_d3d9ex  in the launch option and texture detail to low! I'll also open a ticket as I believe more people letting them know this is an issue the higher they will prioritise it. 

0 Likes
raytracing10x
Journeyman III

After I switched from my 1080p, 60hz monitor to new 1440p, 144hz monitor, csgo map loading times are back to normal, so this issue is solved for me.

0 Likes

I am also gaming in WQHD 144Hz and the issue is present, this is no general fix....

0 Likes
Nixpus
Journeyman III

Same issue here!

Upgraded PC and all of a sudden loading CS:GO takes forever. Or more correctly after loading the FIRST map loading takes forever. CS:GO hangs at retrieving server info when changing maps

Running the same map again and again is fine.

no issue with loading screen at all my 6600 xt , i use very low settings 1080p 144hz

-fullscreen -novid -nojoy +fps_max 0 +cl_showfps 1 -freq 144 +cl_forcepreload 1 +r_dynamic 0 -disable_d3d9ex

3800x 4,5Ghz

B550 Strix E (2803 bios)

16Gb ddr4 Trident Z Neo 3600mhz (16-19-19-39)

RX 6600 XT Strix

Samsung 1TB 980

Corsair RMX 850W

Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm RGB

Phanteks P500A D-RGB White

Windows 10 Pro 21H2

0 Likes

Ye but why i bought new gpu? I dont wanna play on low settings...

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

0 Likes