Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

raytracing10x
Journeyman III

RX 6600 XT 1+ minute long load times in CSGO

• Hello,
    after I have upgraded from a Sapphire Pulse RX 5500 XT 8G to a Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT 8G, I experience long loading times in CSGO of over 1 minute (65 seconds) (in the 'Initializing world...' part), where it was only ~15 seconds with the RX 5500 XT. Nothing else has changed in my system. I read a suggestion that adding "-disable_d3d9ex" to launch options and setting Model textures to "low" could help, but that unfortunately doesn't work for me (and one shouldn't need to do that anyway). After more searching I found that adding this could help: "nod3d9ex -cl_forcepreload 1 +fps_max 60", but that unfortunately also doesn't help.

I also noticed my desktop needs like 10 seconds to load up and there was no such problem with my RX 5500 GPU, only with the RX 6600 XT, maybe related.

Anyone else experiencing long loading times in CSGO with a RX 6000 series GPU?

My system:
  • OS: Arch Linux, latest: AUR: kernel 5.14-rc6, mesa-git/lib32-mesa-git 21.3.0_devel, linux-firmware-git
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT
  • 5600X
  • B450 Tomahawk, latest stable BIOS (same problem with latest beta BIOS)
  • 16GM RAM, dual channel
  • 256GB MLC Samsung SSD
9 Replies
otarra
Journeyman III

Re: RX 6600 XT 1+ minute long load times in CSGO

Confirming same problem. CS:GO loading maps very long, about ~1.5 minutes. Usually stuck on 'initializing world...' or 'retrieving server info...'

Hardware: Gigabyte RX 6600 XT EAGLE, Ryzen 5600X, 16Gb RAM.

Replacing RX 6600 XT with GTX 1080 or RX 5700 XT fixes long CS:GO load times.

0 Likes
StarGeneral
Adept I

This is the same bug i described here: KLICK 

I reported this to AMD twice, they saif they would look into this issue, but this was quite a long time ago now. Until now, nothing changed and it is not even listed as a known bug.

I am not very confident that this will be fixed soon... really thinking about switching back to Nvidia.

0 Likes
StarGeneral
Adept I

I have reported this issue a third time now with a link to this thread. If you search for csgo loading problem AMD in Google, you will find several more current threads with the exact same issue.

0 Likes
fe11a
Journeyman III

I am also having the same issue with 1+ minute load times after loading one map after installing my 6600 XT. Have any other temporary solutions been found other than the "-disable_d3d9ex" one?

0 Likes
StarGeneral
Adept I

@fe11a Did the -disable_d3d9ex work for you? There is no other known solution.

0 Likes
wingiehai
Journeyman III

Thanks so much for the solution with setting the -disable_d3d9ex  in the launch option and texture detail to low! I'll also open a ticket as I believe more people letting them know this is an issue the higher they will prioritise it. 

0 Likes
raytracing10x
Journeyman III

After I switched from my 1080p, 60hz monitor to new 1440p, 144hz monitor, csgo map loading times are back to normal, so this issue is solved for me.

0 Likes
StarGeneral
Adept I

I am also gaming in WQHD 144Hz and the issue is present, this is no general fix....

0 Likes
Nixpus
Journeyman III

Same issue here!

Upgraded PC and all of a sudden loading CS:GO takes forever. Or more correctly after loading the FIRST map loading takes forever. CS:GO hangs at retrieving server info when changing maps

Running the same map again and again is fine.

0 Likes