cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hejawi
Adept I

Rx 6600 heat issue

So I am now using XFX speedstr 210 RX 6600 for 2 months, the temp was perfectly fine as the GPU temp is 60 - 65 degree and Junction 85 - 90 degree without any overclocking, only power draw of 120 watt

After installing a new CPU cooler (Thermaltake toughair 310) the Junction temp changed and increased and reached even 105 in heavy computing, I have noticed this during my game play session there was some freeze using 22.6.1 which the freeze disappeared after reinstalling 22.5.2 but the temperature still high weirdly (GPU temp is 62 - 65, Junction temp 95 - 105)

I don't know what exactly happened, and is it normal?

Can the new CPU cooler affect the GPU temp or the temp caused from the super weather temp increase as it is 33 degree out there? 

1 Solution

Well i solved this out, i have contacted XFX they offered me a support and RMA but they said it is better to keep RMA for a better reason than this, they also offered me that i can change the Thermal Paste without voiding my warranty which is really great, i have used MX-4, now the GPU while gaming never exceed 58 and Hotspot Temp never exceed 76, so i advice you to get their permission to service your card and change the thermal paste

View solution in original post

6 Replies
hejawi
Adept I

Hmmm no answer so no one is having the same issue? 

0 Likes

Can't really help i have the msi model and it's runing at 53 C maximum, and 66 C for junction. 

Maybe try undervolting it's pretty easy with adrenaline software, just reduce voltage by 5 or 10 save and try ingame if it doesn't crash you can go lower.

Also The auto undervolt can give you an estimation on the lowest stable voltage you can reach. Please do your owne reasearch because I'm definitely not an expert on the subject. 

0 Likes
BrusterThemand
Journeyman III

I undervolted my rx6600 to 1080mv, and it stays below 80 degrees, but if you have 80+ hotspot, that's absolutely nothing to worry about, rdna2 hotspot temps are safe up to like 115 degrees. If noise doesn't bother you, just increase the fan speed, should help lower your temps as well.

0 Likes
Soln
Adept II

Have a similar issue with Sapphire 6600 XT Pulse. When card was new, I had GPU/hotspot-temps of 75/85°C max in MS FS 2020. Now half a year later I have 75/105° C max spikes. And no, it can't be the summer's temps. What makes me curious is the huge gap of now 30°C, also with lower temps as 60/90°C or 70/100°C. No changes in the system BTW. Thought about termal paste with really bad quality getting worse with time... Now I have tried a RMA but they dont't want to take it back because "everything is normal" I hope the card will not die shortly after my guarantee of two years...

0 Likes

Well i solved this out, i have contacted XFX they offered me a support and RMA but they said it is better to keep RMA for a better reason than this, they also offered me that i can change the Thermal Paste without voiding my warranty which is really great, i have used MX-4, now the GPU while gaming never exceed 58 and Hotspot Temp never exceed 76, so i advice you to get their permission to service your card and change the thermal paste

For my part: Sapphire doesn't allow me to change the termal paste

0 Likes