cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Lifdrasill
Adept I

RX 6500 XT Signal Loss when game is on full screen

I have recently bought a Saphire Pulse RX 6500 XT, it worked perfectly for a about a week. Yesterday when i was playing Elden Ring the monitor lost the video signal, i could still hear the game sounds so i assume it didnt freeze the computer. Since then this is happening with every game if i run it on full screen or borderless windowed. I've tried reinstalling the drivers to no avail.

Edit:

I've noticed that this also happens when i'm controlling remotely another computer. I was in a call when this happened and could still talk to the other person so the computer is not freezing, it's like the gpu simply stops working.

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT

Mother board: ASUS A-320M-K/BR

RAM: 16gb

1 Solution
Lifdrasill
Adept I

After removing and reinserting the gpu on my motherboard the problem seems to have disappeared. It wasn't badly placed before or anything of the sort. No clue what was the problem but seems to be fixed now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lifdrasill
Adept I

Update: I've also noticed that the heavier the game is on graphics the faster it happens. The gpu fans accelerate for a second before it turns off. I also tried installing older versions of the driver, but that didn't help. Worth to note the gpu fans keep spinning after the image crashes.

Anyone has any idea if this could be a hardware problem? Any insights would be appreciated.

0 Likes
OSEH
Adept I

There seems to be problems with this particular card. Only 2 weeks I posted here with similar problems with the Sapphire Pulse RX 6500 XT. The only difference for me is that I would only get the random monitor signal loss when under low level GPU activity like web browsing or watching a video. It didn't seem to happen when gaming. Because of this I have been forced to go back to using my old card, RX 470.

https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/rx-6500-xt-monitor-random-signal-loss/td-p/518621

My guess is that the card is faulty and unless Sapphire release a bios update to fix this you might be better off returning the card.

0 Likes
Lifdrasill
Adept I

After removing and reinserting the gpu on my motherboard the problem seems to have disappeared. It wasn't badly placed before or anything of the sort. No clue what was the problem but seems to be fixed now.

I have the xfx quick 210 version of the Rx 6500xt. The same thing keeps happening to me. Same thing as you. A week it was good, now it's just dies on harder games. Which is weird because it'll let me o.c. in rad. soft., Once I do a taxing game, video shuts off but I still have sound. I did what you said. My card is in there like swim wear. I really don't want to send it back for an RMA either, lol. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Specs of my p.c.;

Fx 8350 

Gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3 v. 5

16 Gb ddr3 2133

1 x 256Gb ssd

2 x spinny boys. (Platter h.d.s 500 Gb a piece)

And above said xfx.

Yes I know it's old. Lol.

*Im saving money to get a Ryzen mobo and CPU, my Ryzen laptop broke *

0 Likes
Pelle
Journeyman III

Signal loss seems to be an common issue with AMD GPU's.
I have a RX7500XT that lose signal to the monitor while gaming (some games).
Removing and reinserting DP cable solves it sometimes, moving to another output sometimes.
I have tryed new cable, reinserting the GPU, flushing all traces of drivers without any luck.
AMD does not seem to be able to find a solution, nor the community for them.
Bought an nVidia GPU until case can be solved.

0 Likes