cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CryptidCrip
Journeyman III

RX 6500 XT Issue

I have a major problem with my gpu, while playing some games it stops displaying video and after 4 seconds the computer freezes.

I need to do a full reset or shutdown and then my pc works fine again. This only happens on certain games wich i guess are a bit more demanding.

The games that have this problem are: Monster Hunter World, Monster Hunter Rise, Elden Ring, TemTem.

This games make the display shutdown either after a couple of minutes in the game or while in the main menus, TemTem was the only game that i manage to play for a while but after 40 minutes the same problem happened.

Other games that i played and this problems doesn't appear are: League of legends, The sims 3 and 4, Guilty Gear Strive.

My PC Specs:

Mobo: asus prime a320m-k

Cpu: Ryzen 5 5600G

Ram: 1 16 GB 2666 Mhz and 1 8 GB 2666 Mhz

1 Reply
MarikoJoyYT
Journeyman III

what toubleshooting have you done so far, maybe try running a 3dmark gpu benchmark or a memtest to check that its not the ram causing the problem, it could be the temp of the card for the higher games, ive had some success to stave off the error by increasing the airflow and bringing temps done i use aida64 to keep a eye on the temps, if you figure it out please let me know

0 Likes