cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

HamaPlayG
Journeyman III

RX 6400 getting 84°C in game

• I bought a RX 6400 two weeks ago and now i saw that the temperature reach 84°C (hot spot) at maximum and 81° most of time.
  • The general temperature is above 75°C while using 80% + of the gpu.
  • Heavy stuttering occurs while playing because the gpu use drops to low the temperature.
  • While not gaming the temperature doesn't reach above 50°.

I researched a lot and all i see is something between 55° and 60° so i would know what is happening and what i can do to solve that problem because i really scare that this harm my GPU.

0 Likes
1 Solution
CaligoVereor
Challenger

84° hotspot is well within norms. In fact, that's quite low as it is quite normal for GPUs to have ~90° on hotspots during load.

If you think your GPU is dropping performance due to temperature at those low levels you should check if it's not set to "quiet" mode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You GPU card is well within its maximum operating temperature for hot spots of 110c.  So I wouldn't worry about it unless you see the hot spot temperature start to reach 110c.

CaligoVereor
Challenger

84° hotspot is well within norms. In fact, that's quite low as it is quite normal for GPUs to have ~90° on hotspots during load.

If you think your GPU is dropping performance due to temperature at those low levels you should check if it's not set to "quiet" mode.